Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score watch Equifax new model

tag
bcmorris
Established Member

Re: Score watch Equifax new model

My score dropped also, but I am pretty sure it is because of how harshly the new model grades a higher utility rate than the old model.  That's fine because it is something I can fix at my own preference.  The new score judges single delinquent accounts less harshly than the old model. Which is good for me also since I only have one '30 day late payment' from a Chase credit card that I had a $0 balance on but received a finance charge of $9 and didn't know it so I didn't pay it. ($9 finance charge on a $0 balance, **bleep**?) anyways, that is something that only time can fix, so I prefer the new model even though my score initially dropped.

Message 11 of 12
desi6981
New Visitor

Re: Score watch Equifax new model

The new system is flawed I have had two score decreases in the past two or three months over my Amex which I pay off each motnh. The first time said my balance increeased by more than 50% ...it had not balance prior to that and then when I got my yearly membership fee I received another ding after I had paid the previous months bill. This system is rigged for the banks to gain a higher interest rate. Probably another sweetheart deal the banks gotin the bail out that we were not made aware of.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.