Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score went down

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Score went down

My score went down and the only explanation I am getting is This score decrease may be caused by these 3 new reasons:

• You've made heavy use of your available revolving credit.
  • You’ve recently missed a payment or the date of your most recent payment is unknown.
  • You recently opened a new credit account.

I pull reports daily and the only thing I can think of is that I disputed a bunch of TL's (nothing else changed), would that have cause it?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
sl
Established Contributor

Re: Score went down

My had dropped a few points when I have disputed something. Geneerally when the dispute is finished, it will go back to what it was.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

how much did you score drop by? I am thinking it is probably not a significant amount.
Message 3 of 7
Gotagoal
Regular Contributor

Mine dropped with inquiries and I bet once the new TLs hit, I'll see more of that for the short term. Mind me asking how you are able to pull all of your reports everyday? Doesn't that get expensive?
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can subscribe to TrueCredit's 3 in 1 report monitoring, they also give you scores but they are FAKOS, not true FICO scores.  It's regularly $14.95/mo, but you can get a special rate with Walmart apparently.  They allow you to pull your reports every 24 hours so you can see if any changes have been made.  For your scores though, you are best to get them here at MyFico, the only true source for Fico scores, but you have to pay each time that you want to update your scores.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

It went down 8 points!!! but I guess it will blow over once the disputes are settled (they have 2  since my utilization will drop to like 4 percent and I'm at 89 now).  I use credit watch on Equifax.com  it's costs 12.95 a month and you can pull Ex reports everyday!
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Must have just been a temp thing cause I just got an alert that it went up by 20 points!!!!

But nothing changed on my report......these people ARE CRAZY!
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.