Established Contributor
Ravensfan2001

ScoreWatch

Does SW alert you when accounts fall off your credit report? Can I assume that an increase in my score without a change in my credit is just a creditor reporting? I just purchased SW 2 days ago. :smileyhappy:

Starting Scores: (4/16/12 lender pull) TU 596 | EX 550 | EQ 576
Mortgage Scores:(7/24/13 lender pull) TU 663 | EX 635 | EQ 649
Current Score (11/7/14): TU 664 | EX 605 (no update) | EQ 661
Goals: 680 across the board by 3/2015. Last app 7/16/14 (auto loan)
*** Homeowner 9/27/13*** All but 2 CCs are in the sock drawer!***
Moderator Emeritus
llecs

Re: ScoreWatch

SW doesn't alert to dropped TLs, dropped inquiries, or dropped balances. However, if your FICo changed as a result of dropped balances, and if your new EQ FICO hit or surpassed your target score, then you'll get a score alert. Your EQ FICO is monitored for changes every 7-10 days.

If any sort of credit alert comes in before those 7-10 days, then you you'll get alerted with your latest EQ FICO. Many make the assumtion that if they get an alert for a balance increase, then their new EQ FICO was the product of that increase. It's not always so as there could be multiple things happening to cause that score change.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}