Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scores Haven't Change in 6 Months

tag
eddymvp
Frequent Contributor

Scores Haven't Change in 6 Months

I was addicted to checking my score twice a month for six months and I stopped checking them in June. Now i'm getting ready to purchase my first house in this spring and I wanted to see how much my scores have improved. 

Since June, 2008. I opened up one account with carecredit to pay for my lasik. They care me a CL of 3K and the Current ballance is $2300. 

I also opened up a Car Loan in the same month for 5K and the current balance on that is 4K.

The carecredit account changed my utilization from 10% to 31% and I've been making my payments on time monthly.

My scores in June  before these two activities were

My Fico scores were
EQ: 697  6/2008
EX: 635  5/14/08
TU: 645 5/6/08.

Today I checked all my three scores and they are:

EQ: 677
EX: 635
TU: 630

Credit Card accounts.

CareCredit CL: 3,000 BL: 2,300 opened in June, 2008.
Walmart CL: 400, BL: 0 opened in April, 2008
Kay  CL: 3,000 BL: 0 opened in April, 2008
JBL Robinson CL: 3,000 BL: 0 opened in April 2008
DCU CL: 3,000, BL: 1,263 opened in Octoboer, 2007
Capitalone CL: 2,000 BL: 646 opened in January, 2005
HSBC CL: 1,900 BL: 607 opened in October 2007
Juniper CL: 400, BL: 100 opened in April 2008

Changes since June 2008.

Received a CLI from Capital one from 1,500 to 2000.

Received a CLI from Walmart from 300 to 400.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
laz98
Senior Contributor

Re: Scores Haven't Change in 6 Months

you said your scores haven't changed, but it sure looks like they have.  do you mean they haven't changed MUCH?
Message 2 of 6
eddymvp
Frequent Contributor

They haven't changed much and experian has been the same where there have been a lot of activities in the accounts.
Message 3 of 6
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

One question...on your Care Credit acct, have they recently dropped your credit limit?  I ask because they did to mine.  I opened it with a 2k limit about a year ago.  Highest bal was about 750 & never late & payments were always more than the min.  I got a letter from them stating they were dropping my available credit to 1100.00

Times are tough & companies are dropping limits for people across the board.

Anywho...this drop caused my util % to be higher.  Maybe that's what happened to you & you weren't aware of it.  Check your report for your available credit thru them.  It may have dropped.

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 4 of 6
eddymvp
Frequent Contributor

I opened up the account in June and they gave me a CL of $3000 and within a week my balance was $2900. I've been making 100 payments every months since that and my balance is $2300, my available credit is $700 and my CL still the same.

@BungalowMo wrote:

One question...on your Care Credit acct, have they recently dropped your credit limit?  I ask because they did to mine.  I opened it with a 2k limit about a year ago.  Highest bal was about 750 & never late & payments were always more than the min.  I got a letter from them stating they were dropping my available credit to 1100.00

Times are tough & companies are dropping limits for people across the board.

Anywho...this drop caused my util % to be higher.  Maybe that's what happened to you & you weren't aware of it.  Check your report for your available credit thru them.  It may have dropped.

Message 5 of 6
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

My EQ score just sits there and does not seem to move at all.  It has been basically 795 to 803 for 6 months
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.