Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scores dropped... I just don't get it

tag
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Scores dropped... I just don't get it

I would be looking with a fine tooth comb to find 50 points.  

uhh yeah.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Trust me...I am.  I'm quite pissed right now seeing that drop.
Message 12 of 17
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Just making sure you're comparing apples to apples, and you are.

So from last month to this month's report... 3 accounts dropped off?  If they were old derog-free accounts that very well might be something.  I'm not sure which page it is on in credit complete but see where it says the age of the oldest account and the average... what is the difference between the reports?
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure if I have credit complete or not but according to the demo video I do.  The two accounts that are no longer there were actually the same company and the same account but it was appearing twice with slightly different data.  One was reporting as Key Bank and the other was reporting as Sst/Lehmn and it was for a motorhome.  They sold that loan off back in mid to late 2004 to a company that doesn't report.

According to today's report, there is a late payment from 4 months ago that is appearing.  That same late appeared on the December "Accounts" report but it doesn't appear on the "Understanding your score" tab in the December report.

This late is actually a commercial loan that the bank has told me they have removed.  They claim to have removed it on the October and November tapes but it is still there.

Why is this late payment treated differently in January than December?
Message 14 of 17
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

The late should not be different unless the 'status' is also different... but I'm not sure that is even it.  Give the company another call and advise them this is still not removed.

With Key Bank... that sounds like the other entry was a collection agency.  If it was and it dropped, you might be experiencing 're-bucketing', which you can search the boards on (check rebucketing/rebucketed also).  Haulingthescoreup is very good with explaining it.

What demo video?  You got your reports and FICOs here, right?

EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

It appears that U fell into a different " ScoreCard " thus causing the drop in FICO score and ageing became a factor as well__

ScoreCards are categories that each person falls under depending on the type;amount of credit etc that a person have.

Do not worry it will go back up again with time.I feel ur pain but, time heals all wounds. Smiley Very Happy
Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

So what's the deal with scorecards?  How long does it take to recover from that?

Also, I spoke with my bank that had some items change.  They removed the late from my records back in September but it never updated in 2 of the 3 bureaus.  They've gone back in and forced a deletion so hopefully in next 10 days that will hit.
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.