Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scores won't budge

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Scores won't budge

true, true. I thought maybe since I have so very many baddies, and currently no good TL but child support, my scores might not be budging.

I guess I will continue to dispute, PFD, GW, and generally try to dig myself out.

Any chance I may be able to get my scores up by 40 or so points by opening 2 CC's and paying them good. I am needing to get a new set of wheels in Jan.
Message 11 of 15
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

jaguls66 wrote:
true, true. I thought maybe since I have so very many baddies, and currently no good TL but child support, my scores might not be budging.

I guess I will continue to dispute, PFD, GW, and generally try to dig myself out.

Any chance I may be able to get my scores up by 40 or so points by opening 2 CC's and paying them good. I am needing to get a new set of wheels in Jan.

I would think so!
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

With the drop offs and the added baddie your scores probably just offset each other, I recently had a baddie drop off and only got a 3 point increase. I've concluded that since it was old it had very little impact on my score but the fact that it is gone is the major point. Keep disputing your baddies try PFD's etc. and remember your not going to see any overnight success, correcting your Credit is a long process that only time and dedication can do. Good Luck to you.
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
true, true. I thought maybe since I have so very many baddies, and currently no good TL but child support

That's your problem.

Without positive TLs, you have nothing to offset the baddies.

I would recommend you get two credit cards, even secured ones if need be. To see real improvement, you must have at least one positive TL, preferably three or four. Get them, and by late autumn your scores WILL go up.
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
true, true. I thought maybe since I have so very many baddies, and currently no good TL but child support

That's your problem.

Without positive TLs, you have nothing to offset the baddies.

I would recommend you get two credit cards, even secured ones if need be. To see real improvement, you must have at least one positive TL, preferably three or four. Get them, and by late autumn your scores WILL go up.

I have gotten 1 secured CC and will be adding a second as quickly as I can. Finally saw a little jump in points. TU up 1, just updated amount of child support, and last payment date. EQ, duplicate fell off last week, 12pt jump this a.m. FAKO, but i'll take it.
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.