Senior Contributor
lg8302ch

Re: Scorewatch Alert FICO went down :(

For me it has completely changed about 4 months ago. Before I got dinged 40+ points for reporting balances and today with 7 accounts reporting balances my scores remain pretty much the same as long as overall util stays around the same... wonder what happened to EQ Fico all the sudden ? .. I like it better that way and it also makes a whole lot more sense :smileyhappy:

FICO® EQ 791 (as of today) - TU 778 (11/28) * Fako EX 811 (12/02 - CS) * last app 12/16/14 * INQ last 2 yrs TU: 4, EX: 5, EQ: 3

Move the mouse over the cards for detailed view!..................................................................* Seedling Garden Club member *
Established Contributor
cashnocredit

lg8302ch wrote:

For me it has completely changed about 4 months ago. Before I got dinged 40+ points for reporting balances and today with 7 accounts reporting balances my scores remain pretty much the same as long as overall util stays around the same... wonder what happened to EQ Fico all the sudden ? .. I like it better that way and it also makes a whole lot more sense :smileyhappy:

I saw the same thing when SW was upgraded to FICO 8.  If most or all my cards are carrying a balance there is only a slight change in scores. Before I could see 40 point swings or more.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy15k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Regular Contributor
OHWWCB

I'm going to be reporting a $1000 balance on my Discover for my new road bike because it's 0% and probably another $800 on my Freedom which is still 0%. These are the highest balances I've ever carried. I keep getting antsy about potentially transferring some $$ to pay it off but I'm trying not to worry too much. They'll be paid off in 3 months and I'm not applying for anything until 2015.

AMEX Green | Chase Sapphire Preferred $9000 | Discover IT $6000 | Marriott Premiere Rewards $5000 | Chase Freedom $4500 | Barclaycard Visa with Apple Rewards $2000 | CapitalOne Quicksilver One $2000 | US Airways Dividend Miles $2400
Valued Contributor
j_casteel

maiden_girl wrote:

Request to move to correct forum "General".

why?

OP is referring to CC uti affecting his scores.

| Walmart $5k | Amazon $5k | NFCU $20k | NLOC $15k | Lowes $17k | BoA $15k | Freedom $3k | IT $4.5k | CSP $5k | Marriott $5k | AMEX TE $9k | Alaska $5k |
Starting Scores: EQ:571 EX:??? TU:597
Current Scores: EQ:694 EX:714 TU:711
Goal Scores: 700
across the board
Senior Contributor
lg8302ch

cashnocredit wrote:

lg8302ch wrote:

I saw the same thing when SW was upgraded to FICO 8.  If most or all my cards are carrying a balance there is only a slight change in scores. Before I could see 40 point swings or more.

Thanks....so I am glad I was not dreaming and others get the same results....lol

FICO® EQ 791 (as of today) - TU 778 (11/28) * Fako EX 811 (12/02 - CS) * last app 12/16/14 * INQ last 2 yrs TU: 4, EX: 5, EQ: 3

Move the mouse over the cards for detailed view!..................................................................* Seedling Garden Club member *
Regular Contributor
Outdoorstech1

[ Edited ]

Yeah my score went down a few more points today to 634 because my 0% Cap One card first statement reported with a $892 balance with a $1,000 CL.  I'm not stressing tho because I got the card to make a large purchase to pay over time and thats exacty what I am going to do. 

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}