Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scorewatch Alert FICO went down :(

tag
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Re: Scorewatch Alert FICO went down :(

For me it has completely changed about 4 months ago. Before I got dinged 40+ points for reporting balances and today with 7 accounts reporting balances my scores remain pretty much the same as long as overall util stays around the same... wonder what happened to EQ Fico all the sudden ? .. I like it better that way and it also makes a whole lot more sense Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 16
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:

For me it has completely changed about 4 months ago. Before I got dinged 40+ points for reporting balances and today with 7 accounts reporting balances my scores remain pretty much the same as long as overall util stays around the same... wonder what happened to EQ Fico all the sudden ? .. I like it better that way and it also makes a whole lot more sense Smiley Happy

I saw the same thing when SW was upgraded to FICO 8.  If most or all my cards are carrying a balance there is only a slight change in scores. Before I could see 40 point swings or more.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 12 of 16
OHWWCB
Regular Contributor

I'm going to be reporting a $1000 balance on my Discover for my new road bike because it's 0% and probably another $800 on my Freedom which is still 0%. These are the highest balances I've ever carried. I keep getting antsy about potentially transferring some $$ to pay it off but I'm trying not to worry too much. They'll be paid off in 3 months and I'm not applying for anything until 2015.

Hilton Honors $15,000 | AMEX Green | Chase Sapphire Preferred $9000 | Discover IT $6600 | Marriott Premiere Rewards $5000 | Chase Freedom $5500 | Barclaycard Visa with Apple Rewards $2000 | CapitalOne Quicksilver One $2000 | US Airways Dividend Miles $2400
Message 13 of 16
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

Request to move to correct forum "General".

why?

OP is referring to CC uti affecting his scores.

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 14 of 16
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@cashnocredit wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

I saw the same thing when SW was upgraded to FICO 8.  If most or all my cards are carrying a balance there is only a slight change in scores. Before I could see 40 point swings or more.

Thanks....so I am glad I was not dreaming and others get the same results....lol

Message 15 of 16
Outdoorstech1
Frequent Contributor

Yeah my score went down a few more points today to 634 because my 0% Cap One card first statement reported with a $892 balance with a $1,000 CL.  I'm not stressing tho because I got the card to make a large purchase to pay over time and thats exacty what I am going to do. 

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.