cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scorewatch Alerts - Possible Errors?

tag
freddk

Scorewatch Alerts - Possible Errors?

Hi, I just subscribed to scorewatch, and today I got two new alerts. One is for an inquiry from Directtv which I did not authorize, and another is a balance increase on a $6000 Bank of America credit card that I do not own. Is it possible that both of these alerts are errors from the myFico System? I checked my consumer reports from chaseidprotection.com and they do not show anything from Bank of America or Directtv. I'm currently on hold with Bank of America (freaking out) and have yet to call Directtv. myFico customer support is closed for the day so I'll have to wait till tomorrow. Anyone think these are false alerts? Or can they be false alerts?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Scorewatch Alerts - Possible Errors?

Are you a jr or sr.  similar names in the family?  could be a possible merged report if so
Message 2 of 7
freddk

no senior, junior, or I,II,III, etc.
Message 3 of 7
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Fred, take a look at your myfico report that you got w/ SW. See if there is a BoA entry on there anywhere.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah the Direct TV inq-

I had one of those-
Just dispute it- They have no idea what they are doing-

I sent them a Non-pp inq letter and they said "dispute it" and sent a letter back saying send me a check- they never responded-

Disputed by phone- deleted in 23 minutes. the shortest dispute I ever had.  
Message 5 of 7
freddk

Hi, I used one of my score power reports right after the Bank of America alert showed up and theres nothing on there from Bank of America. I'm really hoping this is a simple error. I called Bank of America and they said my SSN matches with the account, but that all the info except for SSN is from someone else in California. I'm in Hawaii. They also told me the account is from 2007 and is for $6,000. I have no accounts at all on any of my consumer reports (myfico, chaseidprotect, free transunion, etc) from Bank of America and I doubt my credit can allow a $6000 credit card. I have no idea on whats going on at this point.
Message 6 of 7
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

Maybe this can be a blessing in disguise. DId you get a score increase from the new BofA account?
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

800+ Club
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.