Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scorewatch SUCKS!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Scorewatch SUCKS!

My score went from 660 to 658 after all the Pallisades BS I have been posting about. So I get an e-mail alert today. It's dated 8-23-07. Says my score dropped 229 points. I almost sh*t myself. So of course I had to buy a new report to see what the *&^% happened. It comes back....658 or just exactly what it has been for about 2 weeks now. I'm not even going to ask how because it's not worth finding out. It's just time to drop this waste of time service. I HATE Scorewatch.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Scorewatch SUCKS!

it doesn't work...most monitoring service don't work either. They will pick things up, but usually very late and sometimes never at all.

You are right, they are basically a waste of money
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I don't really mind the TC alerts being off but they have never told me I dropped 229 points in one day and that nothing happened on that day to make it drop only to find out that my score was exactly what it was supposed to be.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

bamf70 wrote:
Well I don't really mind the TC alerts being off but they have never told me I dropped 229 points in one day and that nothing happened on that day to make it drop only to find out that my score was exactly what it was supposed to be.

I receive an alert last night from SW...said score went up 20 pts.  delete Presido/CM.....I pulled my CR  TC today and it showes new account Presido/CM.......They dropped the 2nd posting from Palisades.....go figure.

Guess I will find out when I get my new CR...If they ever send 1

Message Edited by HappyDays on 08-24-2007 11:14 AM
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I want my $90 back lol.....
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

rifleman wrote:
it doesn't work...most monitoring service don't work either. They will pick things up, but usually very late and sometimes never at all.

You are right, they are basically a waste of money

Well, I opened a chase credit card back in early-mid july and i just got an alert this week infoming me of it. so if a thief of an illegal alien had opened up this account, the damage would have already been done by the time I was informed of this new account.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

that isn't the issue--the issue is that it doesn't pick things up every day and report every day. It reorted your new account, but it's possible that it did not report it as soon as it was opened, and somone could have already spent all the money--a week later you get an alert. I'm telling you the whole thing is bogus
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

rifleman wrote: it doesn't work...most monitoring service don't work either. They will pick things up, but usually very late and sometimes never at all. You are right, they are basically a waste of money
Well, I opened a chase credit card back in early-mid july and i just got an alert this week infoming me of it. so if a thief of an illegal alien had opened up this account, the damage would have already been done by the time I was informed of this new account.

FYI, not all identity thieves are illegal aliens. I would say that most of the identities they "steal" are from family and friends that are well aware of whats going on, they just "sale" or "lend' their identity thinking they can collect SS benefits*. When you think about it, wouldn't creditors suspect of people that know no english but are supposedly named John Smith?

*Sorry, I have no data to back up my assumption.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

FYI, not all identity thieves are illegal aliens. I would say that most of the identities they "steal" are from family and friends that are well aware of whats going on, they just "sale" or "lend' their identity thinking they can collect SS benefits*. When you think about it, wouldn't creditors suspect of people that know no english but are supposedly named John Smith?

*Sorry, I have no data to back up my assumption.

I don't recall saying that all identity thieves were illegal aliens. However, I know of a person who had their idenity stolen by one.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.