cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scorewatch tells me my score dropped by 110!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Scorewatch tells me my score dropped by 110!!

What the heck?
And there is nothing in my credit report that changed outside a credit card balance increase (that I paid off in full last week).

I'm completely confused.

FLGtr

Scorewatch Text:

Your FICO® score went down on a day when there were no credit alerts on your Equifax Credit Report™.

This can happen if:

There was a change on your credit report that lowered your score but did not trigger an alert. For example, the balance on an account might have increased enough to lower your score, but not enough to trigger a balance increase alert.

You moved from one category of credit users to another as time passed.
For example, you may have transitioned from the category "consumers with a new credit history" to the category "consumers with a two- to five-year credit history". As a result, your credit report is evaluated differently, causing a slight change in your score.

The good news is that moving between categories like this usually offers you the potential to reach a higher FICO score in the future

Message Edited by FLGator40 on 06-25-2007 05:01 PM

Message Edited by FLGator40 on 06-25-2007 05:01 PM

Message Edited by FLGator40 on 06-25-2007 05:07 PM
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Scorewatch alerts my scored dropped by 110!!

What is the CL and balance reporting on this CC? 110 is a lot of pointsSmiley Sad, sure nothing good fell off, such as a positive closed TL?  It's doubtful changes in pools or screcards alone can account for a drop this big.
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

that is an awful lot.  i got a 54 point decrease on eq a couple weeks ago, that i am pretty sure was due to a scorecard change, as nothing else changed on my report.  4 of it came back yesterday.
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was a balance of $4500 on a line of $7000. It was a single purchase for a big ticket item I was waiting to buy, and paid it off in a week.

I agree! -110 is a HUGE change. Previously I was seeing moved or +4 or -1 every other week or so. When I saw the scorewatch mail today I felt sick to my stomach Smiley Sad Might call Equifax tomorrow to see if there anything strange going on.

This stinks
Message 4 of 15
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Did the $4500 report?
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes it did. The current balance after paying it off and adding some new charges stands at about $140 however
Message 6 of 15
fused
Moderator Emeritus

FLGator40 wrote:
It was a balance of $4500 on a line of $7000. It was a single purchase for a big ticket item I was waiting to buy, and paid it off in a week.

I agree! -110 is a HUGE change. Previously I was seeing moved or +4 or -1 every other week or so. When I saw the scorewatch mail today I felt sick to my stomach Smiley Sad Might call Equifax tomorrow to see if there anything strange going on.

This stinks

That would place your util at 64.2% which is high.  But 110 points, I am baffled.  Are you sure nothing else is being reported or a postive old TL didn't fall off?  What was your score before the big drop?

Message Edited by fused111 on 06-25-2007 03:40 PM
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Scorewatch tells me my score dropped by 110!!

This is a situation that is among the reasons I recommend a 3 in 1 (like TC) that lets you see all 3 CRs anytime you want.

Message 8 of 15
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Yes it did. The current balance after paying it off and adding some new charges stands at about $140 however

You didn't pay it down before the cycle date so the utilization was way high. Know the cycle dates for all your accounts. Still that taken into account that is a monstrous drop. As Noah said spring for the $11.21 monthly through the Walmart link and get Truecredit. I love opening those things every day.
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

i do the truecredit countdown every evening...and, by god, every kid best be in bed and the wife knows to leave me alone with my laptop and camel wide light...

Message Edited by dog on 06-25-2007 10:14 PM
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.