cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scorewatch - went down -13 and then went up a+13!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Scorewatch - went down -13 and then went up a+13!!

My score went down on Scorewatch 6-22-07 by  -13 points on Friday, 6-22-07.  Today I received a notice from Scorewatch saying my score went back up by +13 points!!!  .  Has this happened to you?

SandyK
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Scorewatch - went down -13 and then went up a+13!!

yeah that has been hapening to my Fakos lately. One day its lower, other day its back to where it used to be.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have score watch...I know there has been changes in my CR's but I have never got an alert...do i have to change the settings? or is that nomal?
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

so_confused,

I have only had Scorewatch for two months.  I did alter my settings to be notified when my score changes, set a target score, and to be notified whenever my balances go  over 50% of their credit limits.  (I think all of this is verbatim....if I go back to the settings then I may lose this email and then I will definitely be at a lost as to what I wrote!!). 

Make sure the settings are turned on too! 

SandyK
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

okay, thanks i will check my setting.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

you're welcome!  Smiley Wink

SandyK
Message 6 of 9
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

I got an alert today - Your FICO® score went up on a day when there were no credit alerts on your Equifax Credit Report™.

A few more plus points (17)
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bonus points???
Nice. I am sure there was something that scorewatch could not find right away.

MidnightVoice wrote:
I got an alert today - Your FICO® score went up on a day when there were no credit alerts on your Equifax Credit Report™.

A few more plus points (17)

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

In checking my emails from Scorewatch over the last week, I found that they decreased my score by -13 when I applied for an offer from HSBC.  I applied for the offer and the response was "Application declined"!!  I was fuming because I wasn't going to take the offer in the first place, but since HSBC said I was qualified for it, I went ahead with it thinking another card would allow me to balance transfer for a few months at 0%!!  I received a hard pull and no approval!  Smiley Mad  .  I received notice from True Credit that I had another inquiry added to my Equifax score. 

Well I chalked it up as to being the last application for credit for atleast 6mos to a year.  Then here comes this increase of +13 from Scorewatch.  I assume it was a mistake on HSBC's part as there was no explanation for why I got it and HSBC is the last activity noted by Scorewatch on my file. 

I have learned to close my mouth and accept all gifts though.  Smiley Happy 

SandyK

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.