Frequent Contributor
sankofa

Scorewatch - went down -13 and then went up a+13!!

My score went down on Scorewatch 6-22-07 by  -13 points on Friday, 6-22-07.  Today I received a notice from Scorewatch saying my score went back up by +13 points!!!  .  Has this happened to you?

SandyK
Established Contributor
Irvin

Re: Scorewatch - went down -13 and then went up a+13!!

yeah that has been hapening to my Fakos lately. One day its lower, other day its back to where it used to be.

Established Contributor
so_confused

I have score watch...I know there has been changes in my CR's but I have never got an alert...do i have to change the settings? or is that nomal?
9/18/08 TU=707 EQ=706 EX=702
Frequent Contributor
sankofa

so_confused,

I have only had Scorewatch for two months.  I did alter my settings to be notified when my score changes, set a target score, and to be notified whenever my balances go  over 50% of their credit limits.  (I think all of this is verbatim....if I go back to the settings then I may lose this email and then I will definitely be at a lost as to what I wrote!!). 

Make sure the settings are turned on too! 

SandyK
Established Contributor
so_confused

okay, thanks i will check my setting.
9/18/08 TU=707 EQ=706 EX=702
Frequent Contributor
sankofa

you're welcome!  :smileywink:

SandyK
Super Contributor
MidnightVoice

I got an alert today - Your FICO® score went up on a day when there were no credit alerts on your Equifax Credit Report™.

A few more plus points (17)
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Moderator Emeritus
Timothy

Bonus points???
Nice. I am sure there was something that scorewatch could not find right away.

MidnightVoice wrote:
I got an alert today - Your FICO® score went up on a day when there were no credit alerts on your Equifax Credit Report™.

A few more plus points (17)

Frequent Contributor
sankofa

In checking my emails from Scorewatch over the last week, I found that they decreased my score by -13 when I applied for an offer from HSBC.  I applied for the offer and the response was "Application declined"!!  I was fuming because I wasn't going to take the offer in the first place, but since HSBC said I was qualified for it, I went ahead with it thinking another card would allow me to balance transfer for a few months at 0%!!  I received a hard pull and no approval!  :smileymad:  .  I received notice from True Credit that I had another inquiry added to my Equifax score. 

Well I chalked it up as to being the last application for credit for atleast 6mos to a year.  Then here comes this increase of +13 from Scorewatch.  I assume it was a mistake on HSBC's part as there was no explanation for why I got it and HSBC is the last activity noted by Scorewatch on my file. 

I have learned to close my mouth and accept all gifts though.  :smileyhappy: 

SandyK

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}