Did you mean: 

Sears has a Leasing program

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Sears has a Leasing program

http://www.sears.com/en_us/dap/leasing.html

Have no idea how I stumbled upon this, but anyway, thought Id post this as an option for folks who dont have any, and need something like an appliance. 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sears has a Leasing program

Interesting!

More terms: http://www.whynotleaseit.com/faq.html

I looked up the stores they finance for and it's more than Kmart and Sears even.  LOTS of appliance stores near me.

Probably a viable alternative to CFA loans and predatory subprime appliance/furniture stores in general?

Also some folks seem to really like it, folks with bad credit: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/searswhynotleaseitcom/vineland-new-jersey-08360/searswhynotlease...

May or may not cause an inquiry.  May or may not report to bureaus.

Message 2 of 10
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Interesting!

More terms: http://www.whynotleaseit.com/faq.html

I looked up the stores they finance for and it's more than Kmart and Sears even.  LOTS of appliance stores near me.

Probably a viable alternative to CFA loans and predatory subprime appliance/furniture stores in general?

yes, I posted this because there are folks out there who dont really have any options sometimes due to maxxed CC's or no credit or something, and they are trying to scramble and figure out how to get a new washer, fridge etc...This is defintely an option for anyone obviously. 

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks pretty good! Ima cash guy

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

My son used this program to buy some tires a couple years ago. I remember him saying that if you don't pay it off in 6 mos that you get hit with some ridiculous interest. It did not report to the CRA's.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh cool. I did not know they offered this either. See, this is one of Sears' problems...they don't advertise things like this that could bring people into the stores. To me, this seems like a classier Aarons or Rent-A-Center (do they even exist anymore?)

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rent a center does indeed exist. I walk past one on the opposite side of the street nearly every day when doing a coffee /toddler needs to stretch his legs walk around the block and back. Place looks incredibly sad and I feel a nearly insatiable desire to run to the people I see going inside and educate them about other, better options - the way I assume some of the "extremely Christian" folks I encounter from time to time seemingly can't help themselves not to shove pamphlets in my hand or keep trying to sell me on an idea I'm clearly not interested in.

"Don't be a credit Mormon missionary" I mumble and keep walking
Message 7 of 10
bizarrocreditworld
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My son used this program to buy some tires a couple years ago. I remember him saying that if you don't pay it off in 6 mos that you get hit with some ridiculous interest. It did not report to the CRA's.

I used it to buy a washer and dryer for my new home because my credit was bad at the time (I applied for the Sears card and was declined). I paid it off within 3 months and was fine with the decision to do so. My credit has gotten much better since then, so I wouldn't do a new lease, but there is a niche market for this.

No credit news is good credit news!
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

We signed up for the program a couple of years ago and made all of the payments for 6 months. Then we found out that it was like a rent-a-center and not a layaway option like the clerk had told us. When the purchase was made the clerk messed up our paper receipt copy and we never got a contract in the mail so it took us months to realize the mistake. I won't ever use it again but at the time it was helpful, just like everything. Demand and read the small print and buyer beware. 

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just be SUPER careful with this company. My fiancee's brother used their leasing program on a laptop. He was told he could make 5 monthly payments then at the end he would have the option of either returning it or to make a final buy-out payment (rep told him the buyout would be about the same amount as a normal monthly payment) He made all of his monthly payments on time then went online, chose the option to pay for the final buy-out price, hit proceed, an e-sign page came up with the disclosures, and a tiny little paragraph stating that it was an enforcible agreement to pay the buy-out amount, and that there was no way to change the option after he hit next... Well he did, it changed his new balance owed to like $600.00. After fighting with their customer service for days, and whatnot, he mailed them a check for the amount it said prior to the contract screen.. They then cashed it, and reported his account to the bureaus. This was several years ago, and I know he got it straightened out with CPFA, and I think the company has been in trouble quite a bit in the past, maybe they have changed thier practices, but still, beware.

@pizza1 wrote:

http://www.sears.com/en_us/dap/leasing.html

Have no idea how I stumbled upon this, but anyway, thought Id post this as an option for folks who dont have any, and need something like an appliance. 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.