Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security Freeze

tag
Gatito
Contributor

Security Freeze

So, I'm looking into putting a security freeze on my CRs ... No, I'm not a victim of identity theft but I'm doing it more for 2 reasons. (1) For peace of mind and added security. (2) Makes it more work for me to apply for something so I force myself to stay in the garden. Smiley Very Happy

I got to thinking ... Who here has a security freeze on their CRs and what are your reasons for it?

Any comments/suggestions on security freezes that I should consider before doing this?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Security Freeze

@MeisterMnstr wrote:

So, I'm looking into putting a security freeze on my CRs ... No, I'm not a victim of identity theft but I'm doing it more for 2 reasons. (1) For peace of mind and added security. (2) Makes it more work for me to apply for something so I force myself to stay in the garden. Smiley Very Happy

I got to thinking ... Who here has a security freeze on their CRs and what are your reasons for it?

Any comments/suggestions on security freezes that I should consider before doing this?

I have a freeze on TU. Just be sure you are doing it for the right reasons and you are not going to be apping for a lot of new accounts as there are costs involved with freezes if you are not the victim of ID theft.

Message 2 of 4
tacpoly
Established Contributor

I have a security freeze on all three credit reports.  I did it for security after the data breaches at stores and businesses in which I've been a customer. Also I don't see myself looking for any new credit in the near future so it was a good time to lock down my info. 

Message 3 of 4
Gatito
Contributor

@tacpoly thanks! i think very soon i might just be doing the same thing. you can never be too careful

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.