Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security Licenses and Sponsorship

tag
nonsonic

Security Licenses and Sponsorship

Hi,

First I'd like to say thank you for all the information you all provide. A friend of mine told me about this forum and I've been hooked ever since : )

Ok so a little back ground on me before I ask my question;

-I have a student loan that went into default but I paid off (showing as a baddie but helps since its the oldest item on my report )

-I have a tax lien that I paid off and am currently waiting for it  to be removed from my  EX & EQ reports ( got it removed from my TU report after I faxed them the information I received from the IRS )

-I have a HSBC collection account from 2008 with a balance of $2510. ( I plan to pay this off just trying to decided if I want to PFD or GW them for a change to pay as agreed  if I make monthly payments  )

- 2 credit card, one secured with a $301 limit and another no hassle card with a $500.00 limit both are cap1

I worked for a fairly large financial institution and I was given the opportunity to sit for my series 7.  I had a bunch of baddies on my report back then and it wasn’t a factor. Now I work for a financial advisor who is under a small regional broker dealer and I have to get licensed all over again (let my series 7 lapse) . I have to do a pre-employment background check and I'm a little worried the HSBC Baddie will hurt my chances of sponsorship. Has anyone had credit play a factor in their sponsorship and if so to what extent.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

Re: Security Licenses and Sponsorship

I am not sure whether this is under the right forum,

BUt the only thing i could think the reason why it would hurt, is because they are making an investment in you with hireing you..... with the risk at hand, especially with your position, they might take more from a CR then other positions. 

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 2 of 6
nonsonic

@BadCredBen wrote:

I am not sure whether this is under the right forum,

BUt the only thing i could think the reason why it would hurt, is because they are making an investment in you with hireing you..... with the risk at hand, especially with your position, they might take more from a CR then other positions. 

Thanks BadCredBen. I figured it may cause some problems so i was  planning to wait until I've paid off the HSBC account before I start the process.

Message 3 of 6
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Moved to General Credit Topics.

Message 4 of 6
veracious
Established Contributor

Hi ,nonsonic.  Welcome to the forums.

Since a part of your question involved  advice from members with unique experience in the financial

investment sector, perhaps, a search for a correspondent to address your questions could be found

at City Data ---->http://www.city-data.com/forum/

Try looking for advice in  either    Business, Finance, and Investing,   or     Work and Employment.

The forum has moderators you can PM after registering and becoming a member..

I'm sure there are industry specific forums out there as well.

Hope this helps

Good Luck

nonsonic

Thank you for the information I'm checking it out as we speak

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.