Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security freeze on credit report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Security freeze on credit report

My wife hasn't worked since 2002 and hasn't applied for any type of credit since then also. She tried to pull up her free annual credit report tonight and it said that she had to mail in a form as apposed to getting it online because of a security freeze on her report.

My question is why would she have a security freeze on her report? All utilities are in my name. Does this sound like a serious issue?

We will be mailing the form tomorrow.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Re: Security freeze on credit report

Every year, I have an issue with Transunion not being able to verify my identity when I try to pull that bureau's report through annualcreditreport.com.

I have no idea why this happens, as they get the same verification info there as I've submitted to other monitoring services, and I've never had a problem with TU or the others elsewhere.

Just mail the form.  That's what I do.  The way I look at it, it's saving me all the ink and paper from printing it out from online.

In any event, this isn't a serious issue. 

(And welcome to the forum, 1mobile!)

Message Edited by Uborrow-Upay on 02-01-2010 07:26 AM
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.