Did you mean: 

Security freezes

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Security freezes

@stellar wrote:

It's a flat fee, $10 to freeze, and some charge $10 to unfreeze

Depending on which state you reside in. Massachusetts is only $5.

Message 11 of 15
ScoreSizzle
Frequent Contributor

Experian was free, the others were $10 a pop for me. 

Cap1 Quicksilver || Amex BCP || Discover IT || Chase FU || BofA Travel || FNB Omaha Platinum Visa
Message 12 of 15
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Thanks for asking this question OP because I also decided that I have all the cards I need and want to garden for 2 years.

A question for @CreditGuyInDixie. You said: (Though existing creditors still can pull your reports.)

Does this mean that once we put a freeze on our reports, we can still get auto CLIs. I hope so.

Thanks 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 13 of 15
blondy250
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@stellar wrote:

It's a flat fee, $10 to freeze, and some charge $10 to unfreeze

Depending on which state you reside in. Massachusetts is only $5.

New York is $5.44 to lift, nothing to place.

Fico 8 12/9/17
Equifax 850, TransUnion 842 10/30/17 , Experian 842 12/11/17 . AAOA 12 years Oldest 20
No inquires since 2014
All credit reports frozen
Fico 8 Equifax Bankcard 866 12/27/16
Message 14 of 15
mitchblue
Valued Contributor

@CreditInspired wrote:

Thanks for asking this question OP because I also decided that I have all the cards I need and want to garden for 2 years.

@A question for @Anonymous. You said: (Though existing creditors still can pull your reports.)

Does this mean that once we put a freeze on our reports, we can still get auto CLIs. I hope so.

Thanks 

Yes.

It's $5 here in Arizona, and the great thing if you need to apply for something you can temp unfreeze for a certain length of time, for example 3 days, a week - and it will automatically freeze it after the time is up. Better than money to freeze, money to unfreeze and more money to freeze again.

FICO® 8 Scores 821 FICO® 9 Equifax 826 (Updated 02-7-23)
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.