Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send GW letter or not??? PLEASE ADVISE

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Send GW letter or not??? PLEASE ADVISE

Would it be wise to send a GW letter on a Citifinancial loan that has been paid and closed since 2003...had 3 lates in 2003 and one late in 2002? How bad do these lates hurt my score being that they were 4-5 years ago??? Also, if sending the letter, do I address it to someone's specific attention or just to Citifinancial???

Also, I paid a medical collection account back in May 2006, but was never updated as paid to Equifax, so I disputed......they have now updated my report but now it has a Status date of 06/2007, but does show that it was paid in May 2006. Does that status date hurt me at all, or should I send a GW letter to them???

Thanks guys....this site is a true lifesaver/eye opener!!!!!

Message Edited by flygirl on 06-21-2007 01:54 PM
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Send GW letter or not??? PLEASE ADVISE

bump....please respond...not being pushy, but fixing to go on my lunch break and have my GW letter ready to send, just need advise if I should send it or not
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

If it is reporting as current and paid as agreed, there is probably not too much effect on your score from 4-5 years ago, however, a good will letter can not hurt.  The worst that can happen is they do nothing and obviously the best is that the lates will be deleted.  I am not 100% positive, but I believe that it is lates in the last 24 months that are the most damaging to your score..
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

bump
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have to agree with Dazedandconfused, I can't see how it worth hurt.  And it would not be unwise to send it.  So go ahead, if they say no, you're right where you are at now.  And after 4-5 years, the effect on your score is minimal.  Best case, you get a couple points, worst case you stay right where you are right now.

Oh, and all of this is only IMHO

Message Edited by trinigal on 06-21-2007 12:19 PM
Message 5 of 6
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Try GW. Eventhough the impact on old lates diminishes with age, they still impact your score.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.