Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending in a payment letter.. How does this sound

tag
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Re: Sending in a payment letter.. How does this sound

Actually I'd write to planet feedback and contact someone big in Hyatt customer service thru them and see... or leave that as an option if someone lower in their ranks cannot help.

Worth a shot... more money for the baby if they will do this.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Copied from my agreement...

CANCELLATION POLICY
Either the Hotel or Group may cancel this contract without cause at any time prior to the event by paying to the other party liquidated damages (agreed not to constitute a penalty) based on the following scale:

More than six(6) months from arrival date $1,360.00
Less than six(6) months to one(1) month from arrival date $2,040.00
Less than one(1) month up to arrival date $2,550.00

Cancellations made under this provision shall be made by the canceling party to the non-canceling party by written notice and payment of the liquidated damages due at that time.
Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

*****Now that I look at the contract, I was never notified by writing that it was canceled and I didn't write a letter to them- wonder if that would help me get rid of the debt- sort of a "technical" mistake of some sort? I would love to get rid of the debt completely.
Message 13 of 19
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Also if you did not sign an agreement with them, the contract means nothing. 

As for the lack of written cancellation... I'd have to look at the whole contract.  You writing to them might preserve some rights as opposed to you not writing and being liable for the full amount of the rental. On the other end... you say it was them that did not write to cancel.  It was them who cancelled?  How did they notify you and what was the general conversation?

I think the best angle for the letter is to appeal to someone specific there on a human basis... perhaps the event manager.  I would hope that someone there would read your letter and see the situation and release you from any actual obligation due to your circumstances.  And as I said I would definitely have a well written letter from my doctor to support this to them. 
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay I called today and the number that is on the invoice is an extention to a "Ginny" When I called I was connected to a voice mail to a Christina? I left a message anyways just to see if anyone will call me back. If no one calls me back by tomorrow, I'm going to try to talk to corporate. It would be a great late-xmas present if it's deleted all together Smiley Happy

Message Edited by AlishaR on 01-02-2008 08:07 AM
Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

QUESTION:

I found the address to the corporate office. Should I send the letter to them addressed to the CEO Mark S. Hoplamazian? Or would I be better off sending it to the address I have for sending in my payment-that one is a po box? do you think I will have a better chance sending it to the top first or just starting off at the bottom?
Message 16 of 19
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

AlishaR wrote:
QUESTION:

I found the address to the corporate office. Should I send the letter to them addressed to the CEO Mark S. Hoplamazian? Or would I be better off sending it to the address I have for sending in my payment-that one is a po box? do you think I will have a better chance sending it to the top first or just starting off at the bottom?

Start at the bottom and work your way up so that you still have options.  Keep a log of who you spoke with, date and time, and what was said.  Whenever you do speak with someone, try to get the name of their manager jotted down for future reference.  I would not ask to be transferred to a manager if you are trying to see how far you can get over the phone though because you want to tread lightly and nicely with them and appeal to their GW.  If I were you, if you aren't going to write first... I would definitely offer to send them supporting documentation to show this was a medical emergency.
Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I found my discharge notice from the hospital and it states "complete pelvic rest" I was going to go make a few copies (and cover up what is not needed info) and send it with the letter. I'm going to try to call again tomorrow morning and monday and if still no reply/call back, I will begin sending the letters next week. I feel safer sending in the letters that way I have proof of what is stated by both myself and the company.
Message 18 of 19
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

AlishaR wrote:
I found my discharge notice from the hospital and it states "complete pelvic rest" I was going to go make a few copies (and cover up what is not needed info) and send it with the letter. I'm going to try to call again tomorrow morning and monday and if still no reply/call back, I will begin sending the letters next week. I feel safer sending in the letters that way I have proof of what is stated by both myself and the company.

I wouldn't send actual medical records.  Try and get a letter from your OB to Hyatt's attention explaining that the pregnancy was threatened and you were ordered to bed rest during this timeframe to prevent further complications etc.

Letter is better I agree.  Smiley Happy  
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.