cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sent Citibank a GW letter, now they want a copy of my credit report?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sent Citibank a GW letter, now they want a copy of my credit report?

I sent Citibank a GW letter to get a couple paid chargoff student loans removed from my credit report. They are still within the 7 year reporting period. They sent me a letter back saying in order to fully review the information that you believe has been reported in error that I must send them a copy of my credit report along with a letter of explanation. Theres really no info reported in error, Im just asking them nicely to remove it. Should I send the credit report in? WHo knows what they may do, this sounds like a canned response letter?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Sent Citibank a GW letter, now they want a copy of my credit report?

Citi makes me crazy--they did this with me, too. Did you make this request through their online contact feature? That's how I sent my GW's, and I got the same sort of response. I think that they use word-recognition software, but it unfortunately doesn't recognize all the words.

They never have grasped that I'm asking for GW rather than disputing. Smiley Mad
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sent Citibank a GW letter, now they want a copy of my credit report?

I didnt use online, I hand wrote them a printed letter snailmail. I hear if you write a letter in cursive that the recognition software that scans the letter cant read it so it has to be read by a human being. I just might have to try this next time if I still have no luck
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.