Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sent DV, Undeliverable as Addressed

tag
intookst
New Contributor

Re: Sent DV, Undeliverable as Addressed

Before I waste any more money on sending copies to all 3 CRA'S I had noticed here that this info was for a DV letter and mine is a returned PFD does this make a difference in sending the CMRRR copy to them? I owe them $713 and was willing to pay it off but the address on the CR is evidently wrong. I can't send a Dv because it is the OC they have been reporting me 180 days late 74 times or something crazy ..DOLA was 6-05. I tried looking fo an address online but nothing came up. I still get statements from them about every other month. ....Only want to make sure I do the right thing to get this off....Smiley Indifferent
Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sent DV, Undeliverable as Addressed

sidewinder wrote:

modernsurrender wrote:
If I send in my returned DV I'm planning to include
-Copy of the front and back of the envelope (showing the return to sender info and unremoved green card you stick on the back)
-Copy of the green and white paper you get when you send it that the PO stamps in front of you and gives back
-Copy of the receipt showing the date and info for the PO (can't hurt)
-Copy of the letter I sent

And of course a letter asking them to remove since it is unvalidated.

Yes, but make sure you explain that under FDCPA the CA only has 30 days to validate and if they can not or do not validate then they are not allowed to report/collect on the debt and by doing so they are in violation. 

CRAs don't know nothing about validation or the laws. You should read some of the things the reps at the CRA tell people.

Sidewinder,

Let me add this parable to the mix. I discovered through one of the regular Ficonian posts that they sent a DV to Midland at the Roscoe address and it came back as undeliverable.  I too sent them DV/SOL to that address last week and I'm expecting to get it back either today or tomorrow.

So i get home yesterday and find one of my returned envelopes and thinking it was Midland it was Elite Recovery!  So now I'm all Smiley Very Happy YIPPEEEE that's two TL's out the window now!

Only, my question is this, I am currently disputing all 3 CRs through the CRAs. Should I hold off sending these two in until the 30 days is up and then wait for a verification? If so, do I have to MOV the CRAs first before I can turn these two in?  Or can I send it now during the dispute process and get them out of my life?

BTW, the are really old bad bad baddies, so I'm hoping this will yield a really nice pt increase.

So far, in 3 weeks time I've gotten 6 TL's removed.  I can't wait to pull my scores mid-April.
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.