Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sent PFD, DV, collection removed

tag
vanilla
Valued Member

Sent PFD, DV, collection removed

I sent a PFD letter to a CA (for the cable bill I kept "allegedly" forgetting to pay), and they sent me a form letter asking for payment. I sent them back a copy of the letter with another letter saying, Please read my previous letter and if you don't agree, send me validation...blah blah blah. So then the collection disappeared from my report. Surely they didn't just give up? I figure they either: a.Pulled it back from the CRA while they investigate, b.Sent to the OC to validate, and they pulled it while they investigate (my company does that, which temporarily removes it from the CRA), or c.sent it to the OC who realized I now have an active current account with them, and transferred the balance (it's within the SOL for that), or d.Actually couldn't validate, and deleteed. Thoughts?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Sent PFD, DV, collection removed

vanilla wrote:
I sent a PFD letter to a CA (for the cable bill I kept "allegedly" forgetting to pay), and they sent me a form letter asking for payment. I sent them back a copy of the letter with another letter saying, Please read my previous letter and if you don't agree, send me validation...blah blah blah. So then the collection disappeared from my report. Surely they didn't just give up? I figure they either: a.Pulled it back from the CRA while they investigate, b.Sent to the OC to validate, and they pulled it while they investigate (my company does that, which temporarily removes it from the CRA), or c.sent it to the OC who realized I now have an active current account with them, and transferred the balance (it's within the SOL for that), or d.Actually couldn't validate, and deleteed. Thoughts?

Or E. All of the above.

I would save up for the PFD in full, but chill and wait. Don't contact them. They probably don't want the fight so they sent it back to the OC, who will likely send it to another CA. DV that second if you ever get a dunning letter.

If the cable company isn't reporting, it may be worth contacting them for info on your account. They'll tell you who is trying to collect for what.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.