Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settlement VS Pay Off VS Drop

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Settlement VS Pay Off VS Drop

*I have a few collections letter offering a settlement, however, I'm confused* As I've read other questions and answers through forums, I see that it can either help or hurt you when paying these collections...also I read of some people that let them drop from their credit and earned points... I just don't get it... Please Help!!! Credit Score not the greatest, however, don't need it worse either. TU=565 EQ=601(2/1/2008)and 575(3/11/2008)--- IDK why dropped since I don't have anything new or any changes.. EQ=575/EX-518 I wanted to know what to do at this point... Thanks... Needed to add: Car--up to date / CC--paid Message Edited by ChicaNutella on 03-11-2008 09:52 AM Message Edited by ChicaNutella on 03-11-2008 09:53 AM

Message Edited by ChicaNutella on 03-11-2008 09:53 AM
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Settlement VS Pay Off VS Drop

Hi ChicaNutella! Please read the credit scoring 101 thread in my sig line. Then come back with your questions.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I started reading your response I was like "not again" since most people have given me the same answer.  I want to thank you for your response... I clicked on the link and that page is full of great information that I sure needed to know...Thanks again for the Help!!! I will start on my letters today and send them to pay off everything... Great Letter by the way... Woman Very Happy

Message Edited by ChicaNutella on 03-11-2008 06:31 PM
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dont get too excited yet, all the PFD Letters I sent out all came back and stated that they wouldnt delete anything!!
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

creditbomber wrote:
Dont get too excited yet, all the PFD Letters I sent out all came back and stated that they wouldnt delete anything!!

Keep mailing them. Find higher ups to address the letters to. Find email addresses for officers, vp, president, etc.

What companies?
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

NCO Financial, and local lawyer firm
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.