Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settlements

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Settlements

If I settle with the CA, can they go after my tax return if I make the first payment on time. I have 2 judgements against me which i never received not for (Cap One Accounts).  I had to DV them because I only had 2 cards that I knew of and used. I got into some trouble and fell behind on the payments. I want to correct my troubles, but they have 4 cards listed. How do I find out information on these other two cards? I am going to settle with one, but can they still attack my tax return?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
danikasmom
Regular Contributor

Re: Settlements

IMO, I don't know how they could do that.  However, you need to find out if the other two are the same as the first two.  Are they from the same CA?  So many times they will sell to other CAs and then you double whammied on your CR. 
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

The four cap one cards all have different account numbers. I have reciepts only with two card numbers on them.  The other two numbers I have no knowledge of.
I just dont want them to continue putting these other accounts in judgement and hit my return.  I want to control the money sent to them.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

The goverment (back taxes, unpaid Tickets, Student loans, FHA) are the only ones that can easily pull your refund
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.