Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Several Questions about my reports

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Several Questions about my reports

Hi All,
 I am new to this wonderful site and have multiple questions I hope the forum can help with. First a quick backround. A few days ago I paid of the remaining balances of three debts I had left. I have been paying for a couple of years through a debt counseling agency (Clearpoint Financial). In total I have paid off a little over $6,000. The final balances I have paid are as follows and are not yet showing up paid on my report:

Sears- 629
HSBC- 925
HSBC- 492

I do have one other auto loan with 7,296 left on it.

Currently my scores are TU-662 and Equifax-640 (don't know the Experian).

Most of my questions are mostly regarding fixing and/or interpreting items on the report. I'll list them below and thanks

in advance!!

1) Sears agreed to cooperate with the credit counseling agency. This started on 9/28/06. They reported me 30 days late 22

times!! That started in 11/06 and continued every month through 2007. All this eventhough I was paying them through the

credit counseling agency. Can they do this or can I get this corrected? Also in '06 and '07 the month of November shows

up twice?

2) I had a charge off with Dell Financial. The account was sold to a CA and I paid them in full within a week. The CA

payment never shows up on the report and Dell shows up as "charge off bad debt". Can this be changed to reflect that the

debt was paid?

3) I have one account that reports as "purchased by another lender". Is this bad?

4) Chase Bank/Circuit City also agreed to my credit counseling program and was paid in full through that program. However, TU reports the account as "payment after charge-off/collections". Equifax shows the account as "paid charge-off". Can I get this "charge-off" status changed since they agreed with and were paid by the debt counseling agency? If not, then can i at least get the TU report to reflect it was paid; the Equifax at least says paid?

5) A couple of my other accounts show "managed by credit counseling agency". Is this a negative on the report? Can it be changed?

6) Finally, In the beginning of my post i mentioned paying off the rest of those debts. I have no negatives in the past 18 months. What kind of change in my score can I expect when those payoffs get reported? How long does this normally take?

Thanks again for your time and I really appreciate any answers that you can provide!!!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Several Questions about my reports

bump
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.