Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shared Utility

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Shared Utility

My boyfriend and I recently moved in together.  He preferred that I open our utility accounts in my name since my credit is good and his needs to be rebuilt.  Now that I have the accounts established in my name, he's realized that he needs three pieces of "proof of residency" to register his son in the school near our home.  Right now, we've got the joint lease, we're getting a joint bank account (with a minimum balance) but we need one more.  My thought is to have him included on the PG&E bill, but I want to be sure that by doing this I won't be "financially tied" to any of his past debt - I'm almost certain I'll be fine, but I want to be absolutely sure.  If nothing else, I'm looking at this as a good opportunity to have his PG&E bill paid each month on time, which he would then be entitled to a letter of "good credit standing" with them.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Shared Utility

I have a feeling that if you started the account, and you just add him on, it shouldn't be a problem.

Hopefully together, you guys can fix his credit problems and have a happy life for ever and ever!

Message 2 of 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Shared Utility

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.