Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Short Term Goals met!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Short Term Goals met!

It simply amazes me the progress one can make by reading the forums here and actually implementing the advice and learning from the experience that that many of the contributors provide.
The following results are in, and my short term goal of being house ready is actually a reality. I will most likely wait another month to see if my scores will hit the 620 range since some updates are still pending.

MyFico

TU 564 with 5 cc still not updated I am choosing to wait to pull these scores until TC updates
EX  571 with 1 cc still not updated
EQ 596 with all cc reporting but I found an error that will make a paid collection turn into a paid closed account.

TrueCredit

TU 603
EX 614
EQ 607

Based on the comments from many posters your fakos are lower than your ficos so, if my theory is correct I should see my fico scores soon exceed my fakos. Fingers are crossed and I thank God for these improvements over such a short time.

New short term goal is now 620-640
Long term goal is 700 how long will it take I don't know but it is obtainable and I thank you guys for my progress! I will continue to keep you posted. 
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Short Term Goals met!

You are doing great! You will see that 700 before you know it!
Message 2 of 9
Boswd
Valued Contributor

Good job.  That is the best way to do it.  Set reasonable small goals, reach them then raise the bar a little more.   That is the perfect way.   Too many people want to go from 550 to 700 overnight, and that isn't a reality and then get frustrated.   Set a very obtainable goal and when you reach it, seeing the results just fuels the motivation to keep going.   Great job.
Message 3 of 9
UnderEstimated
Contributor

I have a 2 CC companies that are still reporting a high balance from Nov. 2006 on only my EQ report.  They've updated the other agencies.  How easy was it for you to get them to update the balance?
Message 4 of 9
jandj
New Contributor

Congrats to you!  Great job!
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Right on, LF. It's all worth it, isn't it? I agree that you'll be relishing in the 700's before you know it. I'm there with you. My scores are higher than yours but I started with similar scores to your starting scores. Just keep doing exactly what you're doing. Every little thing counts. A point here and a point there...a little time and a lot of perseverance, that's all it takes.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think its great u set obtainable goals. Congrats on meeting your first set
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great work LadyFico.  Congratulations and I agree with the others...you will reach that 700 in no time..Like you, my scores have slowly increased since starting here on this forum.  I, too, want to be in the 700 club again [yes, I was once there], but I know that it takes time and perserverence [sp]. Continue to update us on your success and progress.Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 9
MercyMe
Frequent Contributor

Smiley Very Happy YIPPEE!!!  WAY TO GO LADY FICO!!!
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.