cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shorter the post - Quicker the answer!

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Shorter the post - Quicker the answer!

@Anonymous wrote:
How else is my novel going to get published? - Thanks myFICO!

ROFLMAO! Smiley Very Happy

Oh, yeah, and I'm totally aware of my faults in this area. Smiley Tongue
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 11 of 22
Veee
Frequent Contributor

I agree with reddkaandy and cheech.  I think some of the problem is this ... and mod's, I think your great so don't be mad at me Smiley Happy

I read alot on here, not everything but alot and I get tired of watching the mod's say the same thing over and over and over again because some people aren't reading.  Some of the stuff on this site is crystal clear and yet some ask the same question as someone two posts down ... not two pages down but two posts.

I've seen it happen a few times on here where the mod is asking someone a question and if they had just read the novel they would have had the answer.  Your kind of programed I think, in a good way as your just trying to help.  I have also seen where you ask your questions, people answer and you never come back again.  Not your fault as the thread is now 4 pages away and you didn't get that far tonight Smiley Happy

Maybe people should try to find a thread that fits there topic, read through them and post at the end of that thread if they still have a question.

I don't know how many mod's there are here but maybe there could be a sticky of some sort that say's who the expert is and some how make that thread pop out to those mod's.

Maybe in the stickies you already have they could be fine tuned down to; how to send a letter and if to sign it or not.  To me the beginning stages of the Hippa process are perfect, I can't speak for the rest because I haven't gotten that far and hopefully won't have to.

Ok, I'm rambling, sorry, just trying to throw some idea's out there.  I think these forums are awesome and loaded with wonderful information and people.  It's just frustrating when your trying to get an answer to something that is very importatnt to you and the main topic is something that's been repeated time and time again pushing your thread further and further away from the mod's.

Veee
Myfico scores as of 11/12/08 TU 750 EX 722

MyFico scores as of 9/20/08 TU 638 EX 663 EQ 691
Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Excellent response Vee! I've certainly experienced that since coming to the forum. I've learned a lot, don't get me wrong, and still have a long way to go...but my progress seems stalled at times when I'm waiting for responses that never happen. Not to mention, the information is so overwhelming that sometimes while I wait for responses, what I thought I knew yesterday has oozed out the side of my head, making me unsure of what I thought I knew to do, creating a bigger need for what I posted in the first place to be responded to in a timely manner.

But it's still the best forum around and I'll keep asking until SOMEBODY responds!Smiley Wink
Message 13 of 22
Veee
Frequent Contributor

reddkaandy wrote:
Excellent response Vee! thanks!  I've certainly experienced that since coming to the forum. I've learned a lot, don't get me wrong, and still have a long way to go...but my progress seems stalled at times when I'm waiting for responses that never happen. agreed.  Not to mention, the information is so overwhelming that sometimes while I wait for responses, what I thought I knew yesterday has oozed out the side of my head, making me unsure of what I thought I knew to do, creating a bigger need for what I posted in the first place to be responded to in a timely manner. I ... O, so know how you feel!

But it's still the best forum around and I'll keep asking until SOMEBODY responds!Smiley Wink  Sometimes I guess we have to.  I just don't like being pushy and repeating myself makes me feel that way.  I have even tried typing it a different way thinking no one understands what I'm asking Smiley Happy

Ok, keeping this one really short!
Veee

Message 14 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just don't like being pushy and repeating myself makes me feel that way.  I have even tried typing it a different way thinking no one understands what I'm asking

Ditto!Robot Happy I feel stalkerish and creepy trying to think of new ways to get people to "love" me (my posts that is) enought to respond. It's crazy but woe is life on the forum!Robot wink
Message 15 of 22
score_building
Senior Contributor

for me, "best value as a credit resource" on the web forum winner bar none.  afterall they are volunteering their time to offer counsel.  let's go ahead and give a well deserved standing ovation! I would be delighted to be the first to contribute to a 'semi-annual mod door prize selection' or some such sustained acknowledgement of their hard work to make these forums such a remarkable success for so many.  also cheers to those members who also offer high level f/b and analysis free!  Now that's Money! Smiley Very Happy

Message Edited by score_building on 09-29-2008 10:05 AM
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 16 of 22
Veee
Frequent Contributor

I'll be the first one to stand up on that standing ovation!  Like I said, they are wonderful!  I'll even go as far as to add the really active contributors who answer just because they've been here long enough and know the answers enough to post them when the moderators aren't around.

I just maybe feel like there could be a smoother transition into this process ....

Hip Hip hurray!!!!

score_building wrote:
for me, "best value as a credit resource" on the web forum winner bar none.  afterall they are volunteering their time to offer counsel.  let's go ahead and give a well deserved standing ovation! I would be delighted to be the first to contribute to a 'semi-annual mod door prize selection' or some such sustained acknowledgement of their hard work to make these forums such a remarkable success for so many.  also to the v. large number of members who act as 'mods' or as themselves, but offer v. high level f/b and analysis for free!  Now that's Money! Smiley Very Happy

Message 17 of 22
Veee
Frequent Contributor

Scary yes, but very well said.

reddkaandy wrote:
I just don't like being pushy and repeating myself makes me feel that way.  I have even tried typing it a different way thinking no one understands what I'm asking

Ditto!Robot Happy I feel stalkerish and creepy trying to think of new ways to get people to "love" me (my posts that is) enought to respond. It's crazy but woe is life on the forum!Robot wink

Message 18 of 22
score_building
Senior Contributor

in no way am i intending to diminish any of your concerns which you seem to have put a lot of care identifying and articulating.  your openess can help create an even greater return for us all and perhaps members will be even more amenable to  responses, whenever they come; there can be no guarantees at a purely volunteer forum.  i respect that you are trying to look for answers and have the system work increasingly like a well oiled machine.  i know we can do better too, we always can, and i trust we will together as we exchange ideas and preferences. thanks for sharing your experiences and insights;  your voice will be heard and i hope your observations will receive appropriate consideration.  Veee posts that i've seen seem v. worthwhile and deserve full consideration.  GL!

Message Edited by score_building on 09-26-2008 06:02 AM
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 19 of 22
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Veee wrote:

....I read alot on here, not everything but alot and I get tired of watching the mod's say the same thing over and over and over again because some people aren't reading.  Some of the stuff on this site is crystal clear and yet some ask the same question as someone two posts down ... not two pages down but two posts....

What would you like to know about FAKO's vs FICO's? Or the timing of your CC payments? Smiley Very Happy Smiley Tongue

I'll hunt down your stuff this afternoon, promise
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.