cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I Consolidate Debt or Pay Off Individually?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I Consolidate Debt or Pay Off Individually?

I'm in a quandry here.   I got a cut in pay so my monthly payments is now a bit burdensome on my budget.  I owe about 7,000.  My monthly payments are running at about 300 per month and I'm down to paying the minimum amount each month.  On some of these cards the monthly fees, the cost of paying online (which I can cut out) and interest almost eats up about 65 percent of my payments so not much is taken off the principal.
s
I was wondering about getting  a new card and transfering the balances to this new card, if I can even qualify for one now.   I figure at about 6,000 my payments would be about 150 per month?    Due to some of the information I received here I've been able to clean up my credit report pretty well, so that's not a problem now.

Does this sound like a good idea?  I'm questioning myself about this because in the past my financila decisions haven't worked out too well for me. so I wanted to get some opinions.

Message Edited by belverbears on 01-10-2008 08:24 AM
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
cobra19
Valued Contributor

Re: Should I Consolidate Debt or Pay Off Individually?

bb............I'd first call each ccc  to see if they would be willing to lower the interest rate on each card. If you've been a good customer and have clean reports, they will be willing to work with you.

New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.