cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I buy Fico Standard, Score Watch, or Fico Quaterly Monitoring?

tag
garci349
Established Member

Should I buy Fico Standard, Score Watch, or Fico Quaterly Monitoring?

I just have 4 CC accounts. No loans.

Amex Green Card, U.S. Bank Platinum $2,000, U.S. Bank Line of Credit $1,500, BoFA Visa $500, C1 $500
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
brother7
Established Contributor

Re: Should I buy Fico Standard, Score Watch, or Fico Quaterly Monitoring?

Personally, I subscribe to the annual Score Watch because I like the EQ monitoring and alerts (both text and email).

I have 8 credit cards and nothing else.

04/01/2020 - EX 849 (Credit Scorecard EX FICO® Score 8, range 300-850)
02/20/2020 - TU 850 (Discover TU FICO® Score 8, range 300-850)
03/24/2020 - EQ 884 (Citi EQ FICO® Bankcard Score 8, range 250-900)
GOAL - 800! - App free since 11/22/2017
Message 2 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I also recommend a credit montoring service outside of myFICO so that you can get alerts for all 3, not just EQ if you have ScoreWatch or not just TU if you have FICO Quarterly Monitoring.

Message 3 of 6
Bearclaw
Established Member

@llecs wrote:

I also recommend a credit montoring service outside of myFICO so that you can get alerts for all 3, not just EQ if you have ScoreWatch or not just TU if you have FICO Quarterly Monitoring.

Is there one in paticular you reccomend?

Message 4 of 6
brother7
Established Contributor

My daily report monitoring consists of:

Score Watch (EQ) - paid service

Credit Karma (TU) - free

Quizzle (EX) - paid service ($7/month) but I took advantage of a 40% off Black Friday Special

04/01/2020 - EX 849 (Credit Scorecard EX FICO® Score 8, range 300-850)
02/20/2020 - TU 850 (Discover TU FICO® Score 8, range 300-850)
03/24/2020 - EQ 884 (Citi EQ FICO® Bankcard Score 8, range 250-900)
GOAL - 800! - App free since 11/22/2017
Message 5 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Bearclaw wrote:

@llecs wrote:

Is there one in paticular you reccomend?

For the additional service? I recommend one where you can pull all 3 reports on a daily basis. Check out the CMS Guide found stickied within General Credit Topics. There are a couple of them out there still including USAA's CMS is you pay for the upgrade and EliminateIDTheft. I've used both and like them. Of course, ignore the scores and advice.

ETA...probably should have added that since nothing is really happening on your reports, a daily puller isn't that necessary. There are many services out there that monitor your credit as the prev. poster mentioned. Ideally you'd want access to reports too but daily isn't needed in your situation. Many of the services on that list offer monthly reports w/ the subscription.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.