cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I call T-Mobile on Old Bill

tag
mr671grains

Should I call T-Mobile on Old Bill

I just wanted to start out by saying thank you for the help I have gotten hear over the last couple month or so.  I have a small problem and figured you guys here might be able to lend a helping hand on how to proceed with this.  So here is the run down.... Dec 2014 I made the switch to T-mobile from Verizon and was immediately unhappy with the non-existant service i was receiving from them so I cancelled the phone, returned it and moved to AT&T. This all took place in less than a week.

Well I paid off everything that I could at the store when I turned the phone in and was told i would recieve a bill in the mail, I then gave them my new home address which i was able to see had updated but after a few weeks I hadn''t seen a bill so I called them up to check and was told that I would recieve it in the mail in the next few days.  I never did and after about 45 days from closing the new account I was contacted via phone by T-Mobile for a 50.00 bill so I aggeed to pay them over the phone and was given a confirmation number and left it at that.  Fast Forward to the present and this week the wife and I were discussing T-mobile and their suckage with a couple of friends and I told her that at one time I paid right at 50.00 for that bill and she remembered that the store where we returned the phone said it wouldn't be no more than 25 or 30 and she was curious as to why I paid so much.  That is when we began searching through my bank transactions to find out exactly what I did pay and we found nothing. Even went as far as checking credit cards and old banks to see if we could find it.  (it never hurts to be thorough).  

My questions is if this bill was never paid where is it, why haven't I heard anything from T-mobile regarding this, could it be in collections, and should I call T-mobile to find out(I think i should) or will this open up a whole hornets nest of problems.  I still have the same number that I did when I was with T-mobile.  Any help would as always be greatly appreciated and thanks for reading this lengthly post.  

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
jbsea
Established Contributor

Re: Should I call T-Mobile on Old Bill

It could be just me because i'm so an** about bills.  Do you have the confirmation number still?  I would give them a call.  I would be worried about this coming back as a collection. 

Amex Gold / Amex Platinum / Amex Marriott Brilliant/ Amex BCP/ Capital One Venture (AU) / Capital One Savor One/ Discover / NFCU Cash Rewards / BOA Unlimited Cash Rewards / NFCU GO Rewards (AU) / Amex EDP / NFCU Flagship Rewards / Chase Freedom (AU) / Capital One QuickSilver / Citi Costco (AU) / Amex Delta
Message 2 of 4
mr671grains

I can not for the life of me find that confirmation number. We have looked and looked. Seeing as how it was never drawn from my acct originally I would have no problem paying it again. If I called t-mobile and paid them could it in anyway still hurt me or anything of that nature.
Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I would call them.

The ostrich approach wont resolve anything.

Calling may clarify the matter, as you apparently acknowledge that the payment did not go through, so you still owe a debt.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.