cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I cancel my "MyFICO" subscription each month?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I cancel my "MyFICO" subscription each month?

I'm paying $29.95 to MyFICO every month in order to access my credit scores from all three bureaus and a quarterly 3B (Three Bureau) report. I’m not receiving any sort of discount by subscribing continually.

My question is, if I were to cancel each month and ‘resubscribe’ would I receive the 3B report each month. I asked MyFICO directly and the clerk was shocked that I would consider such a thing!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I cancel my "MyFICO" subscription each month?

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm paying $29.95 to MyFICO every month in order to access my credit scores from all three bureaus and a quarterly 3B (Three Bureau) report. I’m not receiving any sort of discount by subscribing continually.

My question is, if I were to cancel each month and ‘resubscribe’ would I receive the 3B report each month. I asked MyFICO directly and the clerk was shocked that I would consider such a thing!

I considered myFICO but since I would need 2 subscriptions (one for me and one for my husband) we ended up using Credit Check Total.  You can do a 7 day trial for $1 and then if you call to cancelled before your trial ends they will give you 50% off discount.  So for the price of one MyFICO subscription we each have a Credit Check Total.  You get 3B scores and reports once a month and a daily update of your Experian score and report.  

Message 2 of 7
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Sending you a PM

Message 3 of 7
DatGurl

I was wondering something similar. Can you please advise any info you  learn. Thanks in advance

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I pay for both. But my DW only has CCT. I wish they would do what CCT does.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm wondering the same. I feel like I have too much. I have EQ monitoring at a discount and then TU and EQ. Maybe I should cancel and just use CCT. Hmmmm. CK gives weekly updates on the other two reports. Just not accurate scores.
Message 6 of 7
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Why not just use CCT?

@Anonymous wrote:
CK gives weekly updates on the other two reports. Just not accurate scores.

CK's scores are accurate.  Any score is accurate but only for its own model.  You cannot use a score generated by one model to determine a score generated by another model whether comparing FAKO to FICO, FICO to FICO or FAKO to FAKO.  If you're assuming "accuracy" is how well a given model mimics FICO 8 then you're doing it wrong.  If you want to know what your score is for a given model & CRA then you need to pull that specific score.

Different models evaluate report data differently and can have different scoring ranges.

Consider relevance of any model/CRA combo.  CK's scores will only be relevant to creditors that use a TU or EQ VantageScore 3.0.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.