Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I dispute this?

tag
ambivalent
Established Contributor

Should I dispute this?

Hello!

I purchased my 3B report and noticed on my EX a 90 day late for an auto loan in 2014.  This account was IIB in 2012!  Would it affect my EX score now, 3 years later?  

Thanks for any advice.

Aiming for 700 across FICO 8 and $150K TCL
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I dispute this?

90D lates are supposedly as bad as anything whereas 60D and 30D age off.  90D affect your score for 7 years.

Dispute for sure.

Message 2 of 11
ambivalent
Established Contributor

Thank you, I will log back in and dispute.  That is crazy that they can do that.  I think it was a "90 days or later."  I wonder if this is why my EX is 30 points lower than the other 2.

Message 3 of 11
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@prettylady wrote:

Thank you, I will log back in and dispute.  That is crazy that they can do that.  I think it was a "90 days or later."  I wonder if this is why my EX is 30 points lower than the other 2.

Yes, it is most certainly the reason.

Did you use an attorney for your BK? If so you might forward the info to them - reporting a late payment on a debt IIB is an attempt to collect a debt discharged by a Federal Judge, a serious violation of federal law. You can probably collect a nice fine/penalty from them.

Message 4 of 11
ambivalent
Established Contributor

When I logged back in to find it to dispute through EX, it says that it was IIB.  But it's on my myfico EX report that it is showing it as a charge-off.    What should I do?

Message 5 of 11
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Did the creditor do a charge-off before the BK, or is the loss that is the basis for the CO based on the account having been discharged by the BK?

Message 6 of 11
ambivalent
Established Contributor

It wasn't charged off before the BK.  I think I made payments up until I filed. Can someone explain this to me because maybe I'm just confused as to why it looks like this.

Wells Screen 122 051717.png

Message 7 of 11
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I dont see any reporting of a charge-off........

It appears that they reported referral to a debt collecor in 2014, which would be a disputable inaccuracy if the debt was discharged prior to that date.

Message 8 of 11
ambivalent
Established Contributor

When I scrolled down to the Payment Timeline and the History.  It says I have 3 30 day lates and then it says Late 90 Plus Days 1 time in Sept 2014.  When I hovered over the little red dot, it said Charge Off, September 2014.  My BK was discharged in Oct 2012.

Message 9 of 11
ambivalent
Established Contributor

Thank you.  I will dispute this.  Again.  

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.