Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I dispute this?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I dispute this?

Thanks to everyone on this board I have moved my Equifax score from 587 to 624 in a little over 1 month. I paid off a few collections and got my CC utilization down from 90% to 30%. I should have it below 10% in another month.

I have a question about one of my paid collections though. I just ran an Equifax report and under the "Negative Accounts" section they are still listing one of the collections I paid off. None of the others I've recently paid show up in here. The details from the report are below. Should I dispute this? Should it still be showing up as a charge-off or is this one of those things where I'm just going to have to wait for it to drop off?

Negative Account History

GEMB/DILLARDS  10/1993    9/2007   $0    Charge-Off

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: Should I dispute this?

Is it accurate?
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess it's accurate. I'm not really sure what should show up after you've paid a collection. Shouldn't it show that it was paid?
Message 3 of 6
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

I believe a balance of $0 means it is paid
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe I just got lucky with all the other things I paid off. None of them show up on this report.
Message 5 of 6
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

GW letter unless it is set to drop soon.

Nice work!
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.