Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I dispute?

tag
sunrise
Frequent Contributor

Should I dispute?

Hi all,

Heres one for ya....Had a Ch. 7 BK discharged in Mar. 03....perfect since...so I thought...We are going for a construction loan in Mar 08 and wanted to be ahead of the game and pulled credit last month to see if all was still well.........DH CSs were good (mid 673, but has about 65% util on cc's that will be PIF by Jan...so scores should go up)

My CRs showed a medical collection from 9/06 ($355.00)  I callled to verify it....and paid it immmediatly!!  Called OC and asked what happened...I pd over $800.00 to them and thought that was it......apparently the anestheisiologist (spelling?) billed later....after we moved...and they had no forwarding address...so they sold it to a CA!!!

Tried to have each one of them remove it after explaining I WASN'T running from them over a $355. bill, especially after I pd over $800.00 to them the month before we moved and at the time had over $15,000 in savings.  We have tried sooooo hard to keep things in line for this construction loan next year and this darn blip is killing my scores!!!  mid is 633...NEED 680 to qualify for loan!!! (by March 08)

Any way to dispute or get rid of this collection from my CR's?  It did report pd on this months reports, but scores only went up a few points.

Any info would help!!  I posted on the mortgage page to see if this blip would keep us from even qualifying....was told this one baddie won't be a deal breaker considering it is the only baddie in almost 5 years!  So, I am glad for that.....but we still have to both have mid score of 680 to get a construction loan. (BTW...we want to be the general contractor...and because of this, lending practices are tighter...thus the 680 dilema!!)

Thanks in advance!!!Smiley Wink

Message Edited by sunrise on 12-18-2007 06:27 AM
takin' it one day at a time
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I dispute?

Too late to reply but NEVER pay off collection agency without a promise of removal from credit agencies.

I did not know this either until too late.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would do a HIPAA letter to the OC (if they owned it)  google whychat hipaa letter
Message 3 of 4
sunrise
Frequent Contributor

Thanks Lady Scarlet...I will give it a whirl...will let ya know what happens!Smiley Wink
takin' it one day at a time
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.