Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I dispute

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I dispute

I am applying for a mortgage in the next month or so.  I have two cc's with $0 balance and account mortgage account that was paid off 4/30 showing $35K balance.

My fico score is 671.  Should I dispute the open mortgage balance to get it removed or do you think the open mortgage loan could actually be helping my score.

Just afraid of a big drop if the mortgage falls off and only have two open revolvings.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I dispute

I would not dispute it...they may close the account and that may hurt you. 
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Even if one of the reason's listed on my Eq report states that my score is down because of a loan with a finance company is bringing it down?

The mortgage loan was with CitiFinancial
Message 3 of 6
Uniqua
Established Contributor

If you don't see the update on balance by the end of the month, call the mortgage company and have them update it. Don't dispute it directly with the CRA. Unfortunately, some times it takes a couple of months for items to update on your CR. Don't move too quickly as it may end up being deleted and it will prove to be extremely hard to get it back on.
Message 4 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Mortgage lendors dont look only at FICO score.  I would not dispute with the CRA.   Show your mortgage lendor your documents.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wouldn't AU still look at this debt and calculate the payment in my DTI?
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.