cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I have this account history added to my CR ?

tag
Andy77
Valued Contributor

Should I have this account history added to my CR ?

So I had two First Premier accounts, one opened in 2002 & one in 2003, (date of last activity June 2008  & March 2008)  that I paid on time and in full that are not appearing at all on my EQ report and my EQ fico is 20 points different than my EX and TU

I was thinking about having First Premier add these two paid on time closed accounts as history with the hope that doing this will increase my EQ score

However, both of these were closed by the credit grantor and I don't know how this will look when I add the tradelines ?

Should I not worry about this verbiage on the first premier accounts ?

I was also going to get a cap one to add an account that was paid on time and closed at my request.

Thoughts ?

Thank you

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I have this account history added to my CR ?

@Andy77 wrote:

So I had two First Premier accounts, one opened in 2002 & one in 2003, (date of last activity June 2008  & March 2008)  that I paid on time and in full that are not appearing at all on my EQ report and my EQ fico is 20 points different than my EX and TU

I was thinking about having First Premier add these two paid on time closed accounts as history with the hope that doing this will increase my EQ score

However, both of these were closed by the credit grantor and I don't know how this will look when I add the tradelines ?

Should I not worry about this verbiage on the first premier accounts ?

I was also going to get a cap one to add an account that was paid on time and closed at my request.

Thoughts ?

Thank you

Verbiage is not relevant.

They may boost your scores somewhat by increasing your AAoA. BUT - if they were closed in mid 2008, they will get deleted in mid-2018, so you'll take a hit on AAoA at that time. I really would not bother unless you have some pressing need for a score increase in the short term.

Message 2 of 6
Andy77
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the info...but I think a 20 pt difference is large.  My EQ is 700 and TU is 723 & EX 720

I can't think of any other way to get my EQ score up.

I looked at all 3 reports side by side, its not an inq thing.....

Suggestions ?

Message 3 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I would speculate that the creditor would have no reason to begin reporting anew on an account that is both closed and they voluntarily decided to previously delete.

That would cost them time any money for no apparent business purpose on their part.

Message 4 of 6
RonM21
Valued Contributor

OP you can try, and I understand your reasoning. It's just that the truth is the lender may not even be willing to do it, for the reasons already mentioned.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 5 of 6
Andy77
Valued Contributor

I told the lender on the phone today, since you all advertise that "we report to all 4 credit bureaus" and this is plastered on your website etc and this is the reason you all charge that monthly fee, there should have been no reason my open account in good standing did not report every single month to all (4) bureaus, but for maybe a technical fluke it didn't.

So, long story short, they are agreeing to do this if I send in my CR showing the account is not there and a letter.

What I was asking in my initial posting is...should I NOT go through with this because of the "closed by creditor verbiage" ?

That was all that I was really asking....

Thank you

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.