Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I keep them?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I keep them?

Sorry for all the questions but I am new to this credit thing.  My question is that I have two credit cards one from Chase with a $400 limit at a $0 balance and another with Apple through Juniper Bank with a $500 limit at a $0 balance.  My question is that are they hurting me since they are so low?  My credit scores are TU 617(Aug 15th), EQ 684(Sept 7th) and EX 615(Aug 15th).  Should I close them out or keep them, try to get new cards or just ask the to raise the limit??  Thanks in advance!

Message Edited by Brendo on 09-09-2007 03:43 PM

I just ordered my new scores today and they are TU 650, EQ 684, EX 714!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message Edited by Brendo on 09-09-2007 04:05 PM

Message Edited by Brendo on 09-09-2007 04:06 PM
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I keep them?

if there aren't any fee's with them keep them. you can ask for a cli, but i'd only do it if they don't do a hard pull. also, show some utilization on the card 1-9% is optimum from i've learned recently. others may have more tips, but that's all i've got.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I know if they do a hard pull??  With the Chase you can do it online, but with Juniper Bank (Apple) I think I have to call them?
Message 3 of 7
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Brendo wrote:
Sorry for all the questions but I am new to this credit thing.  My question is that I have two credit cards one from Chase with a $400 limit at a $0 balance and another with Apple through Juniper Bank with a $500 limit at a $0 balance.  My question is that are they hurting me since they are so low?  My credit scores are TU 617(Aug 15th), EQ 684(Sept 7th) and EX 615(Aug 15th).  Should I close them out or keep them, try to get new cards or just ask the to raise the limit??  Thanks in advance!

Message Edited by Brendo on 09-09-2007 03:43 PM

If these are your only cards I wouldn't close them. 0% utilization is not going to tank your scores. 1-9% should land you max FICO points. Since your TU and EX scores are much lower than your EQ score, I suspect there must be some bad stuff on those reports and that is why your scores are lower.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

The reason my TU and EP are lower than my EZ is because just recently I called Chase up to get rid of a late payment remark on my CR's they said that they will.  A couple of days later my EQ went up like 96 points, which is why I am guessing it was Chase removing the marks.  I have no other late payments recently.  I am guessing that EP and TU hasn't updated my score yet since the last pull on MyFico for those reports are in Aug.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Brendo wrote:
How do I know if they do a hard pull??  With the Chase you can do it online, but with Juniper Bank (Apple) I think I have to call them?

ask, then rephrase the question ask again, then say you aren't willing to do a hard pull for a cli. i'm very clear about it, but i'm really nervous about all the farming out the csr jobs to people who i barely understand through thier accent. that's not a slam, just if i'm having trouble understanding them they may be having trouble understanding me.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just sent out an email to Chase inquiring about the hard pull and I am about to do the same with Juniper.  If they do I guess I will have to wait until I get back from Iraq to call them and see if I can work it out that way.  Thanks for your help!!!  Does anyone else have anything else??
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.