Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I pay Off my Credit Union Loan?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I pay Off my Credit Union Loan?

I borrowed a secured loan last summer and my balance is 56.00. If i pay this off, will this increase or decrease my score? The loan was for $400.00. Im trying to increase my scores right now. Do you think I should open a new one loan from the Credit Union if i pay it off or just pay it off?

thanks
Greg
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I pay Off my Credit Union Loan?

Anyone?
Message 2 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Paying it off wouldn't have any impact at all to your score. And it'll stay on your CR (assuming its reporting) for an additional 10 yrs if all positive.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

TY.
Message 4 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

theshadow12345 wrote:
Do you think I should open a new one loan from the Credit Union if i pay it off or just pay it off?

You're welcome. Also having a good credit mix is good for your score. I don't think it would help you any to get a new loan as it could hurt by lowering your avg acct age.
Message 5 of 6
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
I borrowed a secured loan last summer and my balance is 56.00. If i pay this off, will this increase or decrease my score? The loan was for $400.00. Im trying to increase my scores right now. Do you think I should open a new one loan from the Credit Union if i pay it off or just pay it off?
thanks
Greg

This is what just happened to this person. Read the thread.

Paid Off My Auto Loan And Score is DOWN 19 points. . . (it's under general credit issues)

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.