cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I pay this already disputed collection???????

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I pay this already disputed collection???????

Hi Everyone

This is my first time writing on this board. I've spent a great deal of time reading your post and this website forum has been my personal credit salvation.

This is my question. I have been disputing a collection by Verison wireless for over a year. The amount i owe is $ 269.00. I have disputed this item more than 7 times already without good result. As of today, this item is still in two of my three credit reports. Can i just pay it and then continue to dispute. Or once your pay it you cannot longer dispute it. I'm positive i dont owe this money, but its definitely affecting my score. What should I do?. Should I continue sending new dispute or should i just pay it though  i dont owe this. At this time i need your advice.

Elvis
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I pay this already disputed collection???????

Do you know the DOFD  DOLA and your SOL???

Who is reporting the OC or a CA or both?  Disputes may not be the answer.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have not idea. I really need help. But wha I really want to know is if I decide to pay off the collection, can I continue disputing it anyway afterwards?
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Look at your report: is Verizon shown as the Collecotr or only as the original creditor?  Verizon (at least landline) has their own collection area.  Depending on which it is the method of approach varies.

Took me 4 months to get mine resolved - they are a PIA to deal with until you can get to the right department/section.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Verizon is the original agency, but they are using a third party collection agency to get the money. In the mean time, i still need to do what should I do next.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.