cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should local CA's be treated differently?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should local CA's be treated differently?

There are 2 local collection agencies in the city I live in. It so happens that I have two small accounts with them for old utilities. I got a phone call the other day from a lady there and I mentioned to her that I had recently disputed these accounts because I didn't remember owing those companies any money when I closed the accounts (i had deposits with both of them). I also mentioned that I had recently received a refund check from one of them for my deposit, and that I could provide her with the stub. I asked her if she could give me more information about the accounts so I could figure things out, and she stated that I should call the OC to get the info I'm looking for because she didn't have any information other than my name and address, the amounts and the OC name. 

Now from reading this forum, my instincts tell me that a DV is in order. They won't be able to verify and will drop, then I can pay the OC. However, this lady was really nice and said that she would help any way she can and to let her know right away when I found the check stub. These people are literally a half mile from my office. I can walk in and talk to her at any time. I plan to contact both OC's and confirm info, and I'm fairly certain one of them will drop immediately.  I'm wondering if in cases like these if I should just walk in with a PFD in hand and get the other one taken care of? I wonder if doing a DV would turn this nice lady into a monster? I know people lie and pretend to care when they don't, but she was most DEFINITELY NOT your average bill collector. She didn't grill me for info, and she was not only pleasant, but HELPFUL. Has anyone ever encountered a NICE CA? What do you all think I should do?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should local CA's be treated differently?

No!  This is 'business' - do it right.  I am sure that someone loves every rep at every CA - but I have a 'business' relationship with them, not a personal one.

Message Edited by Lady_Scarlet on 10-08-2007 04:43 PM
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.