cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should one be applying for credit while they have open disputes?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should one be applying for credit while they have open disputes?

And does a 30 day late on a closed mortgage acct. in oct/03 have any current impact on ones CR's?
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should one be applying for credit while they have open disputes?

i would wait...just in case the disputes work in your favor. That's what i did. I disputed, paid down cc and loans,...and my score went up 152 pts. I then applied for 3 AMEX cards and got approved on all of them.Smiley Wink

Good luck!!!!!!!!!

Message Edited by flygirl on 06-27-2007 11:45 PM
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

i would wait...just in case the disputes work in your favor. That's what i did. I disputed, paid down cc and loans,....and my score went up 152 pts. I then applied for 3 AMEX cards and got approved on all of them.Smiley Wink

Good luck!!!!!!!!!

oops...sorry for the duplicate post

Message Edited by flygirl on 06-27-2007 10:28 PM

Message Edited by flygirl on 06-27-2007 11:45 PM
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Flygirl, that is a good way to play it.
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

no problem......i sure luv my Fico friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

and we love you........Smiley Tongue
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

have another question...On a paid mortgage...if one CRA is reporting on the condition line-closed and one is reporting transferd and the last is reporting closed(paid) and the loan was really closed(paid) could this affect my scores?

And does a 30 day late on a closed mortgage acct. in oct/03 have any current impact on ones CR's?

sorry for all the questions tonight...just really been looking at all three CR's more careful and there are alot of minor diff.
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

so_confused wrote:
have another question...On a paid mortgage...if one CRA is reporting on the condition line-closed and one is reporting transferd and the last is reporting closed(paid) and the loan was really closed(paid) could this affect my scores?

sorry for all the questions tonight...just really been looking at all three CR's more careful and there are alot of minor diff.

me again.......so is the mortgage paid or transferred?? As far as the 30 day late....my mother is a mortgage underwriter and she has told me as far as mortgage lenders go, they just really look at your payment history for the past 2 years. I am fixing to refi my mortgage, but i have to wait until September 2007( I assume the wait is to get a better rate....I'll ask her), because I had one 30 day late in Sept. 2005.  Of course, we all know the older the lates are, the less they affect our scores. My scores are steadily rising with my one late on there. Hope that helps ya some....

Message Edited by flygirl on 06-27-2007 11:47 PM
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmmm
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.