Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show me . . .

tag
azsassycat
Frequent Contributor

Show me . . .

Please show me what you have sent (1) the Credit Bureaus for disputes and (2) the Collection Agency for debt validation.

Also, what if the account is still still with the original creditor but reporting incorrect dates?  I no longer have any of the documentation showing the correct dates and amounts - is there any way I can get this information from the creditor?  Also, does my requesting this information restart the clock for SOL or for the account to fall off of my credit report?

Sorry I have so many questions - once I get my stuff figured out, hopefully I can be a resource for the new newbies.

Thanks!

Cathleen
10/22/07 (FICO) EQ 544 EX 520 TU 518
03/04/08 (FICO) EQ 606 EX 599 TU 601
04/24/08 (FICO) EQ 600 EX 580 TU 608
06/02/15 (FICO) EQ 578 EX 561 TU 589
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Show me . . .

Have you read the Scoring 101 thread?  Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

azsassycat wrote:
Please show me what you have sent (1) the Credit Bureaus for disputes and (2) the Collection Agency for debt validation.

Also, what if the account is still still with the original creditor but reporting incorrect dates?  I no longer have any of the documentation showing the correct dates and amounts - is there any way I can get this information from the creditor?  Also, does my requesting this information restart the clock for SOL or for the account to fall off of my credit report?

Sorry I have so many questions - once I get my stuff figured out, hopefully I can be a resource for the new newbies.

Thanks!

Cathleen

I don't understand the first part.

The OC sets the DOFD....the CRA will show it. The dates that may change is report date

Letter to OC    written by BAM

Make all changes needed.

HSBC Card Services
Attention: Bureau Dispute Processing
PO Box 19360
Portland, OR 97280

August 2, 2007

Re: Acct #xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

To Whom It May Concern:

I recently pulled my credit report from Experian, Equifax and TransUnion and noticed this account was listed on each of my reports as a collection/chargeoff. I immediately disputed this information with Experian, Equifax and TransUnion and the results of the investigation came back as "verified". I did not have an account with HSBC during this time period.

Since I have disputed the account with the credit bureaus, and you have verified them, I would like to see what sort of records you have for this alleged account. Under the new FACTA laws, you are required to conduct an investigation on this account, and I am now requesting it.

I will seek legal action under § FCRA 623 (b) for violations of the FCRA if you do not comply and respond to me with the results of the investigation whithin 30 days of your receipt of this letter.

In order to clear up this matter, I would like to see, a signed contract showing me that I indeed had an account with your company. If you don't respond with the results of the investigation (as is required per the FCRA), I will assume you have no documentation and therefore you were negligent in providing the credit bureaus with accurate information. At this point, you would also be in violation of the FCRA merely for not responding within the 30-day period.

To avoid a lawsuit, I request that you remove account from my credit report. Please delete this listing or I will be forced to seek legal action.

Sincerely,

Message 3 of 5
azsassycat
Frequent Contributor

The Date Open is listed as 05-2003

This date is incorrect by more than a year
10/22/07 (FICO) EQ 544 EX 520 TU 518
03/04/08 (FICO) EQ 606 EX 599 TU 601
04/24/08 (FICO) EQ 600 EX 580 TU 608
06/02/15 (FICO) EQ 578 EX 561 TU 589
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

azsassycat wrote:
The Date Open is listed as 05-2003

This date is incorrect by more than a year

AZ....you need to be more direct in your questions by showing OC   CA  dates

Cap1   opened 1999      CO  2001      report time 9/2007

Palisades    date opened  5/2003

this shows that it was CO by Cap1 in 2001  and turned over or sold to a CA in 2003
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.