Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Showing no EQ score?? Confused

tag
Megacab07
Established Member

Showing no EQ score?? Confused

I tried to order my husband's EQ report and score with Scorewatch and it says he doesn't have enough info. I'm confused. I just recently pulled his EQ report because we have been working hard to clean up our credit. He had several accounts that we paid and have updated in the last couple of months, some have been deleted, and some just recently came out of dispute. Also, he filed BK in 2005 that should be affecting it one way or another in my opinion. The only thing I can think of is that he doesn't have any open tradelines that report to EQ. The only CC he has reports to the other 2 but not to EQ. Do we need to open one that does? My only concern is that we are trying to get approved in August at the latest and I've read where we shouldn't apply for new credit right before we apply for a mortgage. Any ideas as to why it's not showing his score since we have been working on things that are obviously on his report and what we can do about it??

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Showing no EQ score?? Confused

I don't have a good answer except to say try pulling the report itself from annualcreditreport.com if you can.  Sometimes EQ does funny things and records drop off early (like my tax lien as an example at the 7 year mark as near as I can tell) and his BK might be an example of this.

I think you're correct in deciding not to open another account right now, though it's strange that he has two cards which report EX/TU, those will be seen on a tri-merge report.  Out of curiosity are they from the same lending institution?  Also the EQ score might not even matter if the lower of the TU/EX scores qualifies, but that's probably a question better asked on the mortgage forum here.

I don't know specifically how Scorewatch works on a pull, one of the mods or staff hopefully can give a better answer as to why it may not have worked in this instance.

        
Message 2 of 13
Jerroldtrice
Established Member

Thank you for your response. We actually have a copy of his credit report but we are interested in his FICO score since several of the accounts have been updated and deleted. He has 1 CC that reports to EX and TU but say they will not report to EQ. It's a secured card with $1000 limit. I'm at a loss as to why he has an extensive report but no score??
Message 3 of 13
Jerroldtrice
Established Member

By the way, for some reason I couldn't sign in under the username megacab07 so I had to create a new one. Smiley Sad
Message 4 of 13
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Jerroldtrice wrote:
By the way, for some reason I couldn't sign in under the username megacab07 so I had to create a new one. Smiley Sad

OP, sometimes the forums gets all hung up when signing in. It's happened to me a few times whereby it promptly took me to the signup page. If this happens again, click on the backspace and try logging in again. Usually the second time is the charm.

Message 5 of 13
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Make sure all of these apply:

• At least one account that has been open for six months or more (and reporting)
  • At least one undisputed account that has been reported to the credit bureau with in the past six months
  • No indication of deceased on the credit report (Please note: if you share an account with another person this may affect you if the other account holder is reported deceased).
Message 6 of 13
Jerroldtrice
Established Member

So the accounts Updating isn't enough, it has to be something that reports monthly...am I understanding correctly? If we are planning on applying for a mortgage in August, is it a good idea to open an account that reports to EQ even though August obviously isn't 6 months away? Can a lender pull his score? Sorry for the questions, we just really need to figure this out!! Thank you for all your help!!
Message 7 of 13
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Jerroldtrice wrote:
So the accounts Updating isn't enough, it has to be something that reports monthly...am I understanding correctly? If we are planning on applying for a mortgage in August, is it a good idea to open an account that reports to EQ even though August obviously isn't 6 months away? Can a lender pull his score? Sorry for the questions, we just really need to figure this out!! Thank you for all your help!!

He would have to have an open account reporting to EQ. If he has no open accounts, regardless of the past, there wouldn't be a FICO score generated.

Does you have any CCs older than 6 months old you can add him to as an authorized user? That would automatically generate a FICO.

Message 8 of 13
Jerroldtrice
Established Member

Ive had a good standing CC for a few years and I added him already but its through the same company he got his through, the one that doesn't report to EQ. This is not good news. I guess we will go ahead and open him an account and hope for the best. what is the effect of no score on a mortgage loan or should I post that question in the other forum?
Message 9 of 13
Jerroldtrice
Established Member

By the way, his TU score is 711.
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.