Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signed up with Credit Check Total

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Signed up with Credit Check Total

I like the interface, it also includes all 3 bureaus as opposed to Credit Karma with TU and EQ. 

Scores with the Fico8 were much lower than CK. I updated my signature with them... But this is the beginning of my long and successful rebuild!  Cant wait to posts updates with my success!

Why was Fico8 model almost 80-90 points lower than CK's vantagescore3?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

Re: Signed up with Credit Check Total

CK scores are FAKO.  

The difference in scores from FICO aren't uncommon at all.  Just the way it is.

CK is good for monitoring changes to your reports and not much else.  

FICO8 current as of : ----- EQ: --- TU: --- EX: ---
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 7 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $6500 Amex Delta Platinum $10,000 Care Credit $12,000
NFCU CashRewards $6000 Apple Card $2000 Best Buy $3500 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) $44k new - balance $31k/6.94%
Total CL: $45,000 --- Total CC UTI: --% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 11-30-23
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

For instance, my CK's TU score is 567, it's 478 with fico8 score. I'm assuming the fico8 model is more realistic? I mean, I'm in an open bk7, I assumed my scores would be 400's
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

90%+ of creditors use Fico versus Vantage. Vantage is a valid score, but in a world dominated by Fico it si considered a fake or fako score. There seems to be a real difference or divergence between the scores until you hit the 700's in Fico. 

If you want to know where you really stand in the credit world, you will need to have your Fico scores. You can get them various ways. The bottom line is you are at the beginning of a great journey that starts with a foundation of knowledge. 

The best is yet to come!

Message 4 of 7
Rebuilding69
Established Contributor

As red said, its not that one model is fake really, its just that fico models are used more. Also, different models weigh items differently, so the scores will be different across the various models etc

Message 5 of 7
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Why was Fico8 model almost 80-90 points lower than CK's vantagescore3?

We can't tell you the specifics of why your reports are scored the way are with one scoring model versus another.  Different scoring models use different algorithms.  You should expect different algorithms to produce different results.  We don't know the specifics behind any of these algorithms.  You cannot use a score generated by one model to determine a score generated by a different model even if both models are FICO's.  Scoring models do not simply have fixed offsets from each other.  The variance itself can vary.  The trending can vary.  Two models can be coincidentally close or even generate the same number but keep in mind that coincidental and causal are two entirely different things.

@Anonymous wrote:
For instance, my CK's TU score is 567, it's 478 with fico8 score. I'm assuming the fico8 model is more realistic? I mean, I'm in an open bk7, I assumed my scores would be 400's

It's not a matter of realistic.  It's a matter of relevance.  If a creditor you're applying to uses scoring model X then only scoring X matters.  The creditor will not consider your score with model Y.  FICO 8 is relevant for creditors that use FICO 8.  Not all creditors use FICO 8.  Allegedly there are creditors that use VantageScore 3.0 but I have yet to see anything that clearly indicates who does.

See also the Understanding FICO Scoring subforum and its stickies.  FICO has many more than just one scoring model used by creditors.

@Anonymous wrote:

Vantage is a valid score, but in a world dominated by Fico it si considered a fake or fako score.

It's a real score.  FAKO just means anything that isn't a FICO industry standard model.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Solid info, thank you
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.