havinfun54

Site Score Comparison

I just signed up here at MyFICO and saw that my EQ score was 651. Was actually surprised because I went through a few years of bad decisions and bad luck. Not whining...just the way it is. Anyway then went to a different site and ordered my 3 scores. When they came back I saw that my EQ score was 589. That's a big difference between the two. Going to order my TU score from MyFICO and compare those now.

Can anyone tell me why such a spread between the to sites even though they are both suppose to be from EQ?

Thanks.....this forum is the most informative place I have been regarding credit.

pizzadude

Re: Site Score Comparison

Welcome to the forums !

You are getting a FICO score from myFICO and very likely FAKO scores from the website.   I'd recommend reading the sticky posts below, they should help you understand credit scores:

Credit Scoring 101:
The Son Of Credit Scoring 101
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
havinfun54

Re: Site Score Comparison

Thank you Pizzadude. I appreciate your time!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}