Frequent Contributor
jaguls66

Skymile???? But I don't Fly

I see lots of folks getting and recommending Sky miles, and cruise miles and such rewards cards. I do not fly, unless ABSOLUTELY required to, nor am I likely to go on a cruise or such. Are y'all reccommending(sp) these cards because they are easier to get, have higher initial CLs, or for the actual benefits you reap from the Sky Miles or such?
Valued Contributor
Boswd

Re: Skymile???? But I don't Fly

I would say a little of both.   Hey you never know when you are going to have to fly but if you are looking for rewards  I would look at  visa or MC that is tied in with either a store or hotels or cash back.
Moderator Emeritus
fused

jaguls66 wrote:
I see lots of folks getting and recommending Sky miles, and cruise miles and such rewards cards. I do not fly, unless ABSOLUTELY required to, nor am I likely to go on a cruise or such. Are y'all reccommending(sp) these cards because they are easier to get, have higher initial CLs, or for the actual benefits you reap from the Sky Miles or such?

Good Point!  I suspect your talking about the Amex Delta Skymiles card.  Apparently it's not too difficult to get approved.  I imagine many get it for this reason, it sure beats a secured card with big fees and a tiny CL. 
Credit Profile -
FICO 08 Scores (08-15-2014): EQ 820, EX 817, TU 814
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 26+ years ~ AAoA: 12 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: EX 1 (Amex 07-15-2014)

Credit Cards -
Amex BCP 25K ~ Amex Clear 25K ~ Amex Platinum NPSL ~ Chase Freedom Visa 19.3K ~ CITI Dividend World Mastercard 20.3K ~ FIA Fidelity Investments Platinum Plus Visa 40K ~ A Gold Visa with my local bank 10K
Frequent Contributor
jaguls66

I thought it might be bacause of the ease of getting it and the CLs. But wondered. and as for flying, I could have driven there faster then the airlines got me there the last time I flew. And no sweaty guy with BO sitting next to me.
Established Contributor
Irvin

I paid for American Airline ticket with this Delta card. I didn't apply for it because i want to fly. Everybody was getting approved so i was like, let me try too since i need positive TLs on my reports.

Established Contributor
rifleman

It's an easy card to get, and much better then subprime cards like Capital one.

If you know of any other non-subprime cards that are easy to get, let us know. Hell, maybe you can find a card that gives free ground-transportation or public transportation rewards.
Established Contributor
Irvin

haha. i can use some transportation rewards, i take the train to work everyday. The fares jumped up 10% this month too. So ya'll know i'll definately put that card to use if they give me points for riding the train.

Moderator Emeritus
fused

jaguls66 wrote:
I thought it might be bacause of the ease of getting it and the CLs. But wondered. and as for flying, I could have driven there faster then the airlines got me there the last time I flew. And no sweaty guy with BO sitting next to me.

And no gal or guy who ate too much sitting next to me and sharing their intelligence (passing gas) with the rest of the passengers!:smileyvery-happy:
Credit Profile -
FICO 08 Scores (08-15-2014): EQ 820, EX 817, TU 814
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 26+ years ~ AAoA: 12 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: EX 1 (Amex 07-15-2014)

Credit Cards -
Amex BCP 25K ~ Amex Clear 25K ~ Amex Platinum NPSL ~ Chase Freedom Visa 19.3K ~ CITI Dividend World Mastercard 20.3K ~ FIA Fidelity Investments Platinum Plus Visa 40K ~ A Gold Visa with my local bank 10K
Frequent Contributor
princessofpink

Sorry Fused, I really tried to control it, I swear. :smileysad:

fused111 wrote:

And no gal or guy who ate too much sitting next to me and sharing their intelligence (passing gas) with the rest of the passengers!:smileyvery-happy:

Regular Contributor
ctrob

jaguls66 wrote:

I've never done it, but I think you can sell your miles to other flyers...

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+