Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So close to 700 I can see it...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

So close to 700 I can see it...

My Fico just went from 686 to 697......WHY OH WHY CAN'T I MAKE 700.  I barely have room to improve.  Outside of my installment accounts, I have 2 cc ones util is 0.03% yes, that is 0.03!!!!  And the other is 0.09!!!  How can I ever get there???  Only time will tell.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Re: So close to 700 I can see it...

I suggest playing with your util you may experience a slight score drop, but  by letting a higher balance report then PIF the next month should have a positive outcome!
Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

only let one report a balance-
see what happens.
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, are you saying that I should pay one of them to zero and that should do the trick?
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep- give it a shot

prudentone wrote:
So, are you saying that I should pay one of them to zero and that should do the trick?

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the tip!!!  Payment has been sent.  I will let you know next month how it turns out!!!! 
Message 6 of 11
cobra19
Valued Contributor

I assume you have only 2 cc's? Pay one off completely and leave the other one at < 3%.
New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

You are correct.  Well, I actually have 2 of my own and I am an AU on another.  However, I think that one has stopped affecting me for some reason.  Not sure if it's the Fico 08 or not.  But the changes on it haven't affected my score in 2 months.  BUt it is already at a 0 balance.

So, would it matter if which I chose to pay to zero?  One has a much larger limit.  Or, should i only focus on the util being less that 3% on one and zero on the other?
Message 8 of 11
cobra19
Valued Contributor

nope, doesn't matter.

FICO '08 has not kicked in yet.  
New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well in that case, I may see a boost shortly.  That 3rd card I am an AU on is AMEX, I just remembered they report a month behind.  Perhaps that's why I haven't seen the change.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.