Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So confused about experian credit report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

So confused about experian credit report

Ok, so I am very confused about my experian credit report and hope I can articulate my question so someone can help me.  About four days ago I signed up for my experian report on their website.  Right now I am still technically in the $1 trial period.  In those 4 days, two things have changed on my report; my CC utilization dropped dramatically and a lien was deleted.  I know of these changes because when I went to view my report using my report number, it shows up.  However, when I log in with my e-mail and password, it is the original report and score I've had since 4 days ago.  So I guess my question is, does my report and score update when the trial period ends and they take out my $21.95 monthly fee?  If not, I think I'm just going to cancel.  It seems dumb to pay 22 dollars to look at a report that never changes, even when there ARE changes to your report.  Thank you, hopefully I've articulated myself well enough so someone can possibly help me.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: So confused about experian credit report

Ok, so I did some googling, and apparently experian purposely puts a really low score on your $1 profile in the hopes that you ask for a more detailed report for more money.  if that's true, that is definitely shady and I'm definitely canceling!

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I pay for credit monitoring/unlimited credit reports through Experian for only $9.95 a month. It is well worth it because they have a mobile app and one everyday you can refresh your full credit report and FICO08 real score. It was normally like 20 bucks but I called and said it was to much and I wanted to cancel and they put me on a permanent $9.95 plan. Same plan just half price!! Call to cancel and they will give you the same plan for $9.95!! LEt me know if it works!!

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can not refresh everyday until free trial ends. 

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, that's good to know, that what was confusing me.  Thanks so much for your response.

Message 5 of 8
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

About four days ago I signed up for my experian report on their website.  Right now I am still technically in the $1 trial period.

You signed up for one of their services, Experian Credit Tracker.  A report is a one and done deal. 

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok, so I did some googling, and apparently experian purposely puts a really low score on your $1 profile in the hopes that you ask for a more detailed report for more money.  if that's true, that is definitely shady and I'm definitely canceling!

According to Experian.com their Experian Credit Tracker comes with a FICO 8.  Experian does not generate the score.  FICO does.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the service. After your trial you can refresh your score AND report once every day. I think thats a steal also includes dispute resolution and fraud monitoring .
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP call them BEFORE the trial ends and get that $10/mo price.

It will let you pull a FULL experian report (not just updates) and fico08 score daily.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.